LegacyGT.com

VT Gathering in Williston VT sometime soon?

Instanced

I'm thinking of a Subaru get together sometime soon... in Williston... eating at Chili's after, having a few beers or whatever for lunch. Anyone else game? VT threads are so quiet I can hear crickets. :spin:

Update:

Date: April 2nd

Time: 2PM

Dinner: Chili's (unless everyone who shows up agree's to go somewhere else... Walking distance to the movie theater preferred!)

Sweet... I was wondering when you posted on that old thread if you had recently moved (didn't have your location updated then)... after that, I posted in all the subaru forums i'm in... 802 Subaru has bi-weekly meets, and I think this weekend is a meet, but they haven't said any location yet... went once a long time ago... typically I think they have it at Spare Time in colchester (but you have to register or something to go... i dunno)...

For this meet I was thinking March 26th... falls inbetween their meets and it gives people enough time to read this and plan to show up!

Not a good idea. There's a reason the Pond Hockey Classic was cancelled and it's a good one. Ice under 2 feet of snow gets punky and can't be trusted, and I've not seen any large plowing of Malletts Bay. I live in Colchester, VT but 5 minutes from the bay. There are ice-fishing shacks close to shore but there is nothing further out. Trust the locals on this one.

Im heading to ny for a contract job until the very end of this

Month. I will be around on the 29-30th. don't hold back. I will make it to the others. So whats up with this 802 sticker that I have been seeing everywhere. Different colors with state tonthe right. Snowboard deal?

Not a good idea. There's a reason the Pond Hockey Classic was cancelled and it's a good one. Ice under 2 feet of snow gets punky and can't be trusted, and I've not seen any large plowing of Malletts Bay. I live in Colchester, VT but 5 minutes from the bay. There are ice-fishing shacks close to shore but there is nothing further out. Trust the locals on this one.

I heard a guy on SCCV went out there and measured all over the place... 17" thick ice all around... though that was ... last weekend? so I dunno if it's still the same depth now... personally i'd never take my car on the ice... if I had a dedicated ish box race car, i would.

So whats up with this 802 sticker that I have been seeing everywhere. Different colors with state tonthe right. Snowboard deal?

Ya I'm pretty sure it's a snowboard/skate shop in downtown burlington.

1. not from VT.

and 2. I don't snowboard/skate.

I just threw that date out there... I don't really care when... I'd just like to start doing more local car things then to drive 2+ hours to another state haha. VT car scene has petered out quite a bit from the past...

The guys racing are local. And they held an event last weekend. http://sccv.org/cms/

Yes Ice racing, wooo... lets keep on topic... stop thread jacking my posts! :-P

Date is leaning towards April 2nd for the Subaru meet... still deciding on a place to eat.

have many places to choose from. I chose chili's because I know they serve alcohol and I'm planning on hitting up the theatre for some semi-intoxicated 3d movie afternoon... Matinee'ing that ish for an even better price!

I. So whats up with this 802 sticker that I have been seeing everywhere. Different colors with state tonthe right. Snowboard deal?

Yea 802 is a snowboard shop in Burlington and now the have one at Killington as well. The make some sweet boards BTW

• 2 weeks later...
April 2nd, Chili's (or any surrounding parking lot in that area), going to say 2PM... meet at 2pm in the lot, chill out for as long as we can without getting cold or getting yelled at for soliciting... then going to chili's for lunch. I hope everyone can make it.

Archived