LegacyGT.com

What do I do?!?

alright guys. Over the past couple years ive had some fun cars. My favorite being a 2002 wrx with a full sti swap... I LOVED that car. After pondering which car to get after my last gti, I turned to another subaru. Instead of getting what I really wanted (another wrx or sti) I bought a 2008 Legacy Pzev automatic. I have never owned an automatic car but I wanted to buy something my girlfriend could drive too. Now I have an automatic car, that has crap power, that after owning for 3 months im bored of. What should I do?!? Are their any mods I can do to my car to make it fun? If I throw on a catless exhaust, reflash the ecu, throw on a turbo kit and get a tune i figure itll be a lot more fun. But my concerns are in the stock automatic tranny and motor. Are they built the same as the GTs? can they handle 300+hp? and how hard would it be to throw on paddle shifters, so its at least more interesting than just a plain old tiptronic. I still owe 11k on this thing, im sure most of you are going to just suggest I sell it, but id have to pay it off first. Im open to suggestions, I just feel a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place! thanks in advance guys...

not much to do in the power department, can check out the FAQ in the normally aspirated section for a guideline on performance mods available.

most 2.5i legacys go with handling mods since they can use most the GT aftermarket components. otherwise if you're interested you could fab up a UEL header setup with some cans for a different exhaust note.

there's always money to be spent on tires and wheels too haha.

haha yeah I wanted to get my hands on some 2004 gold sti bbs. Is it possible to set up a paddle shifter set up? driving a normal automatic is killing me....

Also, whats the deal with having a pzev? can i just go to a catless exhaust and reprogram the computer?

I drive mine in sport mode if I want more power. While it's not even close to the most powerfull car I drove, a 2008 impala ss tuned to over 400 hp, it's more than enough for what I need. I learned how to upshift and downshift correctly on it in manual mode in like 1/2 hour. On a normal manual, the shifter is on the floor anyway. To me, getting a paddle shifter is almost like trying to get a sports car out of a basic subaru. It would make it look cheap and tacky, in my opinion. But, to each his own I guess.

^um... what?

There isn't really a learning curve on the manual mode. You push it forward to shift up and back to shift down. Also, my 2008 LGT auto has the paddles from the factory. They suck and take forever to respond, but I wouldn't call them tacky.

To the OP, the best mods I can suggest (other than selling your car and buying a GT) are suspension upgrades to make it more fun to drive. You still won't get power, but it will handle better through the turns.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Getting power out of an N/A Subaru is, simply, never going to happen.

There are guys who spend upwards of $10,000 USD to build N/A motors... just to make stock WRX power.

If you have an N/A, spend your money on handling, looks, and audio/visual. Spending money on power in an N/A is a point of continually diminishing returns.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived