LegacyGT.com

Houdy; New guy on board.

Hi folks. Recently traded my Nissan 350Z for an 05 Legacy GT limited Wagon. Call it a mid life crises in reverse if you will, but I got tired of impractical sports cars after so many years.

I vowed I would not waste any more money on mods such as; exhausts, intakes, wheels and tires, etc. But look what we have here......a web site for "station wagon" enthusiasts, oh boy, here I go again.

First thing I gotta do is get some nice 18" wheels with performance rubber. Any suggestions on wheel offsets that fill the wheel wells nicely and wont rub? I will do a search, I promise.

Secondly; how bout cat backs for these cars? Does the boxer motor sound good un-muffled?

Well, just wanted to aquaint myself with the board. I'm sure I'll be spending alot of time here. Thanks and great car we got here.

congrats on the new wagon. I'm sure you will find more than enough info here. and that vow that you made to yourself....yeah, you should just go ahead and forget about that.

-precise

Secondly; how bout cat backs for these cars? Does the boxer motor sound good un-muffled?

I think the boxer burble is one of the nicest sounding exhaust notes there is. It's really a beautiful thing. :)

welcome!

Purchase the Cobb AP you will basically have the same acceleration as your 350z at that point. Also go with the 18x7.5" 225/40 combo and yes the car sounds GREAT un-mufffed!

Good Luck

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Scatman'

Welcome to the club. You'll like the practicality of the wagon and still have the performance you had before with some very mild upgrades. Not to mention the sleeper aspect. Now, all you gotta do is get the license plate surround that says, "you just got beat by a wagon" ;) .

This is my first Subaru, and I think the Boxer sounds terrific. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but as time passes on I enjoy listening to it more and more. I seem to notice the sound getting more pronounced too as the miles go on. I don't know if it's because I'm driving with my windows down or what but I definitely like it.

Brian

Welcome aboard......so much info out there you'll be go'n for days

I agree, get the AP you'll love it.....For wheels, there's an awseome stick for all the info from Keefe. I put it in a doc if you wanna read up: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Docs/Tire%20Info.doc

To hear almost all the exhausts that are out right now, you can hit up my site and listen to them: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/media.htm

The boxer motor is incredible sounding. :)

Coming from an import sport-compact background myself, the first time I heard a properly un-muffled boxer, I about died - it's the closest thing I've heard to Detroit-Iron musclecars.

If it weren't for the wifey's sensitive ears, I'd be all-over the deep bass rumble that these boxers provide.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Welcome and congrats on your new wagon!...and ya....everyone's right about the boxer sounding really nice and bold if you play your exhausts right....

as far as wheels....*looks around*....."Xenonk"!....

"XenonK"!! (oh, he's probably over at Nasioc :D ).....

"Drift Monkey"!!......

they'll chime in very soon....

oh ya...as far as wheels....go for 18's!....at least 7.5....at least 225/40/18's....at least....well the offset...at least 45...well....depending on if you plan on lowering or not, just be cautious with the offset :D

welcome to "the reason whey you're work doesn't get done" :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Wow, thanks all, sounds like I'm back in the modding game. Its really exciting knowing I dont have to lie down and die just cause I bought a station wagon, this is great.......my wifes gonna kill me.

Exhaust and wheels are a must, and first on my list.

Whats a Cobb AP, some sort of engine managment?

Wow, thanks all, sounds like I'm back in the modding game. Its really exciting knowing I dont have to lie down and die just cause I bought a station wagon, this is great.......my wifes gonna kill me.

Exhaust and wheels are a must, and first on my list.

Whats a Cobb AP, some sort of engine managment?

Yeah I'm still sewing my legs back on after my gal ripped me up...LOL

AP = Cobb Accessport = ECU managment....quick, easy, max gains

(from over the shoulder Crowd yells ---- Search :lol: )

Borla sounds sweet...but so you know, don't expect much (if any) power gains from

just a cat-back.

If you care about rotational mass, and having +1 size wheel/tire be as close to stock

diameter as possible you'll want to go with

215/40/18's on 18 x 7.5 wheels. Or if you go 18 x 8 then go 225/40/18

Save your money on an intake for this car too.

Just get a drop in panel filter.

And I'm sure you've noticed already, but the stock brakes suck on this car.

Get some good pads and fluid if you plan to drive hard in the twisties or at a track.

Cobb AccessPort (CAP) is the best $645 you'll spend.

Stage 1 will get you 1/4 ET's equal to your 350Z (but still trapping a mph or so slower.

Stage 2 (downpipe minimum...but with panel filter, downpipe and back exhaust...you'll get the best benefits) you'll run with a stock WRX STI from a roll.

Enjoy the car. Welcome

Archived