LegacyGT.com

NEW CAR.. 1995 Legacy L

Yeah I finally found a good deal but there are some weird problems like the wipers only work when the motors off

if the key is in run, but the engine is off do they work?

It could be an ignition switch issue. Any issues with anything else on the acc position? radio?

For the ignition switch you take off the steering column plastic. It's 4 screws I think. Take off the one screw holding the switch to the tumbler assembly, unplug the connector. And put the new one in. But you need a new tumbler thing. So you need to coax out the dead-eye bolts. I usually drill a hole in the top of one the use a punch to turn them out. Then I replace them with M8 (might be M10) hex head bolts. And done! pretty easy.

I found out I could do in 10 mins because my friend lost his car key so we pretended we were stealing the car.....

well just found a crack in the rear middle tail light which happens to leak water when you open the hatch any places i should look for a replacement?

It would cost me probably $20 at my local junk yard. Or see if someone is selling one on here.

Archived