LegacyGT.com

If u have bad roads don't run SSR's...

tcoope13

I can't find a 17" 5x100mm steel wheel, any suggestions where to look?

No one makes a 17" 5x100 steel wheel with anywhere near the right offset for a Subaru...your search is over.......some sites list them but when you try to get them...Oops...no can do:spin:

No one makes a 17" 5x100 steel wheel with anywhere near the right offset for a Subaru...your search is over.......some sites list them but when you try to get them...Oops...no can do:spin:

Good to know, thanks. I'll probably use the stockers this year and throw winters on them this coming winter, and get some fun summer wheels next year.

OP, what tire pressure were you running?

I have heard of SSR's bending before, it's not uncommon. Though it's not uncommon for any wheel to bend/break when hitting a pothole at speed. Winter sucks, just another reason why I would never DD 18's in the winter.

just look at wheel for sale threads. i do notice a lot of used SSR wheels for sale that are bent. also as much as i like OZ supperleggera's, they are another wheel that i notice that are usually bent.

i know there are haters out there, but for looks, strength, and value; for everyday use, rota's can't be beat. 99% of the time, when people post pics of destroyed rota's, its the same 2 or 3 pics that circulate the web.

You can bend/crack strong rims if you hit a pothole hard enough. A lot has to do with the low profile tires on 18s/19s not to mention the more potholes in the winter months. Many members switch to stock/cheaper rims in the winter.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived