LegacyGT.com

my injectors are maxed out on the STOCK vf40?! how?!

MDKSDMF

i was getting tuned for my IPR tmic last night and we kept running out of injector/fuel and getting really lean past 5k or so...ive read about people tuning and running pretty much similar setups like mine (stage 2 catless) with much higher boost targets with no problems on stock injectors. i mean 20 psi or even 17 psi to redline on a stock VF40 (stock injectors) shouldnt be an issue right? or am i way off here :lol: what do u guys recommend i do? order DW700's and see if that helps? Do seafoam and or injector cleaner and try to tune again? idk but my heart dropped when we were tuning 20 psi at first and i was planted in my seat and then found out that my intercooler was flowing soo much more air that my injectors couldnt keep up. I thought this was an issue when u went with a BIGGER turbo. oh and we left the tune for now at 20 psi till 4400 then tapers down to 14 psi past that pretty much running waste gate past 4400 5k..car feels weird. and for the record i was in a minor front end collision a couple months ago and just got my car back if that makes any difference. damn my mind is boggled.

Stock turbo is barely capable of 20psi max. It is within a hair of its life hitting 20psi peak. No way in the world you can hold that. OEM turbo can only hold 15-16 at redline at best.

If you are hitting 20psi peak and tapering to 14psi, this is about normal. Injectors are not the answer. A new turbo is. You dont have long with your OEM turbo and 20psi anyway.

Archived