LegacyGT.com

How do you use your 5EAT?

scoobyscoodle

How do you drive your 5EAT?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How do you drive your 5EAT?

• Shifting an auto is weird- D or D(sport)
    • Use manual sport-shift when playing around occasionally
    • The 5EAT can shift itself?!??, sport-shift even in traffic

^yea, retarded stuff as in power braking and wot in 5th. No I dont do those, but I am pretty aggressive as in I like to wot it a lot in lower gears and do shift under full boost (Around 5k-6K.) I am not at stage 2 and thats whats holding me back (consciously)

Theres people that voted but didnt post anything :(:lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I drive like a grandma half the time. When I get frisky I put it in Sport# mode, DSC off, manu-mode, (SI-Drive, lulz).

I think I'm one of the only people in the world who ever used the intelligent mode.

I use it to reason, I get used to the power in intelligent. Then when I switch it to S/S# I can feel the powaa:) (For reals, my body gets used to I and forgets how S/S# feels so its a good kick in the pants feeling)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I use it to reason, I get used to the power in intelligent. Then when I switch it to S/S# I can feel the powaa:) (For reals, my body gets used to I and forgets how S/S# feels so its a good kick in the pants feeling)

Yea, but I'm awful with this. I'll get in a spot where a good bit of powah would be nice, and I'll press the accelerator only to creep. Then I realize it's in Intelligent mode.

Sometimes I herp when I derp.

Yea, but I'm awful with this. I'll get in a spot where a good bit of powah would be nice, and I'll press the accelerator only to creep. Then I realize it's in Intelligent mode.

Sometimes I herp when I derp.

That's one of the reasons I don't use I mode. I want to know that the power will be there when I push the pedal.

• 2 months later...
I like driving it in manual mode because of the sound of my TBE also. Especially during engine braking. But the slow shifts ruins the fun sometimes...

+1 but when I am going to work and talking with my grandma, I just drop it into D sport

different feel than D for sure, but i wouldn't blame the shifting itself. i think it might seem that way since the revs tend to mount a little more freely in sport as opposed to the curt powerband-matched rowing of the straight D mode.

on the vf40, i would often prefer that D shift timing for mindless adherence to the meat of the tach, especially in the city. ever since my 1st turbo upgrade, D's been gathering dust.

i always find that first shift out of Sport-Drive into manumatic is smooth as butter. there's a little longer delay in the shift than normal manumatic shifting, but when it does shift it's always smooth and solid.

I cannot stand the way how the 5eat takes so long to shift in 'D' when on partial throttle. Granted the shifting is smoother in 'D' since I was tuned for stg 2, but it still is a little annoying how the rpm's stay up a little longer than I think they should. I stay light on the throttle usually when I am just cruising in 'D.' I think sport mode is too rough sometimes on the transmission, so when I want to play or want more control I shift manually. I miss the manual transmission to be honest. Though I do appreciate the auto when in heavy city traffic.

I cannot stand the way how the 5eat takes so long to shift in 'D' when on partial throttle. Granted the shifting is smoother in 'D' since I was tuned for stg 2, but it still is a little annoying how the rpm's stay up a little longer than I think they should. I stay light on the throttle usually when I am just cruising in 'D.' I think sport mode is too rough sometimes on the transmission, so when I want to play or want more control I shift manually. I miss the manual transmission to be honest. Though I do appreciate the auto when in heavy city traffic.

+ one on the auto in traffic. I drive through Boston quite a bit and a stick would get old in a hurry. Is there anyway to get the tranny to shift any quicker in manual mode? Any reflash/tuning available to help?

Archived