LegacyGT.com

Fuelly.com Users Post up Your Badges!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently started commuting 80 miles daily. I am averaging 2-3 fillups per week. I understand it's only a few bucks per fill up, and I too have no intentions of switch back and forth, but that $4-$5 adds up to 15-20 per week...

Also if I understand correctly, the 87 tune limits your boost, so would that potentially yield better highway MPG? If so, that would compound the savings.

In my current situation, I bought this car when my financial situation was much different, I have had quite a few life changes since. I am looking for anyway to keep my car, because if prices stay the way they are and my daily routine doesn't change it's either run on an 87 map or get a car that get's better mileage.

I don't think I could get what I owe out of my car right now, so this is my best option.

As for returning to 92 octane, the manual even states you can run your car on lower octane IN AN EMERGENCY. I would be sure to run my tank to the light, and refill, I truly don't think the 1~2 gallons left would dilute the 14+ gallons I would put in enough to cause harm.

I'm not trying to be harsh, just giving my reasoning for POSSIBLY running an 87 map.

Of course i don't have a tatrix cable, so I'd need to invest in that + pay for the tune, so I'd have to weigh that into the potential savings also.

Oh and I added ya to the 1st page NRW :cool:

It's been slow at work, so I organized the first post a little. If I have you in the wrong category let me know, I went by your Fuelly profile, or LGT Profile , if neither one said anything, I lumped ya in the 2.5i bracket...

So update those profiles :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fellow fuel misers might look into this...I plan to do this as soon as I get financially stable. Seems to make a big difference in the STI's

http://www.pandlmotorsports.com/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_378_380&products_id=510&osCsid=35ee705f7a33fe24b5ffb3af7d989786

Get a performance bump and an 'I' mode that doesn't kill the car. (Win - Win)

From a fuel economy standpoint, it would take a while to make up $1500..... but the S & S# advantages seem somewhat worthwhile....

Unfortunately kids will be in my future as soon as I'm "financially stable" (if that is ever possible :lol:)

I've been trying to track mine against my computer. I've found the actual to be on average 2-5% below the readout. However the other day I did get exactly 26.1 on my readout and the same on Fuelly.

I think one inconsistency is going to lie in whether you us your odometer to track or your tripometer. I use my odometer, so I can be off as much as 1.8 miles (.9+.9), since I can't track tenths, which could account for some of the variance.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question about fuel modification. I know this may seem obvious, but I have seen competeing view points so any and all help is appreciated.

If I upgrade (go larger) the fuel pump and injectors on my vehicle will my fuel mileage suffer? Assume same conditions and driving styles.

It makes sense, and I believe, that the system would not send any more fuel than needed, but some sites/threads have claimed that by upgrading the pump and injectors they are running more fuel the entire time regardless of throttle input.

Thanks

I haven't any clue on that, however it seems alot of people get better cruising MPG when they mod, as the engine management upgrades tend to give more precise data to the fuel management software. Of course when you floor it, the bigger injectors are going to flow more fuel.....

Makes sense to me....

I was curious if anyone has noticed what speed yields them the best mileage?

I have noticed I am getting a mile or two better MPG cruising at roughly 68mph, compared to cruisng in the low 60 range... think I may post a poll :)

• 8 months later...

My journey to school is about 420 miles and all highway. I make it 8 times a year and generally average between 75-79mph (73-77mph on GPS). I'll get 28-29mpg. I tried it once at about 65mph and didn't record a significant difference.

I found that odd. It also was just one trip at the slower speed.

The in-car "real time" mpg reader seems to love 50mph in 5th gear, though, mid 30s in the summer.

I haven't any clue on that, however it seems alot of people get better cruising MPG when they mod, as the engine management upgrades tend to give more precise data to the fuel management software. Of course when you floor it, the bigger injectors are going to flow more fuel.....

Makes sense to me....

I was curious if anyone has noticed what speed yields them the best mileage?

I have noticed I am getting a mile or two better MPG cruising at roughly 68mph, compared to cruisng in the low 60 range... think I may post a poll :)

I know this is older but I never check this forum too often. I agree that 68mph, roughly, yields some of the best mpg, granted the speed limit is 65mph. 40k miles logged and I'm netting 27.2 mpg. It seems like my mileage has dropped a mpg or two ever since I put new tires on it, but it hasn't changed my average too much.

I just tired to update the 1st page to include Speedracer and Chris GTO, but I am limited to 20 images per post... so I can't add the badges....

I'm not on here much anymore, I traded my LGT for an '11 OB.. the baby is due any day now so we needed a "family" car, couldn't afford both.

Archived