LegacyGT.com

Fuelly.com Users Post up Your Badges!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL that "trip" was 32 miles all highway after my car had been warmed up already and I only got like .9 gallons. I was driving back from somewhere and needed gas along the way so I stopped in one place, filled up, then remembered that the gas prices were sooo much higher back home so I stopped again in gainesville where the gas was still like $0.40 cheaper per gallon and filled up again.

I have a manual and it was mostly downhill from the first gas station to the second one.

Nice. Try drafting behind a semi for a while (not too close though) if you're not in a hurry. You'll watch your mpg shoot up. I don't do this very often, but it did help me get my best tank of 31mpg. (60mph, two lane back road, easier to follow then pass in my little 2.5i).

Nice. Try drafting behind a semi for a while (not too close though) if you're not in a hurry. You'll watch your mpg shoot up. I don't do this very often, but it did help me get my best tank of 31mpg. (60mph, two lane back road, easier to follow then pass in my little 2.5i).

I usually don't pass. I seriously drive like a grandma in my car 99% of the time. I used to have another "fun weekend car" that I would do most of my hard driving in but with a kid on the way and repairs needed for it I decided to sell it.

Neat! The badges DO auto-update!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Done....

I tell ya, you must think I work at a job where I sit at my desk with nothing to do ahlf the day until someone walks through the door...... :rolleyes::lol:

thanks for thinking of a way for me to kill 5 minutes... any other ideas :lol:

Cereal83 & BACS52... could you update your badge by copying the actual code from Fuelly. I beleive you just copied the image, so you don't have hyperlinks for us to view your detailed info.

edit: NM - I figured the code out and just entered your user info. Links work on first post. It's a slooooow day today.....

woo hoo, 213 mile trip and averaged 31.7 mpg :)

What speed were you averaging, if you don't mind my asking? I just did a 420 mile trip this past weekend averaging about 55mph due to the massive snow/rain storm that hit the northeast. I averaged 28mpg at that speed.

Oh man, I-mode around town + cruise at 65 on highway is netting significantly higher fuel economy.

I think I might start driving like an old lady, just to see how high I can get a tank to go on my normal commute.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

What speed were you averaging, if you don't mind my asking? I just did a 420 mile trip this past weekend averaging about 55mph due to the massive snow/rain storm that hit the northeast. I averaged 28mpg at that speed.

Averaged 65-68 mph for most of the drive even though the speed limit jumped between 60 and 70.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the temp was pretty high yesterday (high of 70 in the DC area) so that probably helped with the mileage as well.

BAC5.2 - What do you normally drive in? I've been leaving it in "Sport" for most of the last 2 years and I feel like that's where I get the best overall gas mileage.

its all going down hill now since my dad and I switched cars today so I could use his Honda Pilot to pick up something. I bet I'll get it back and have an average of 18mpg :p

I spend most of my time in S#, but I'm trying to vary it and see what happens.

I spend most of my time in S#, but I'm trying to vary it and see what happens.

Gotcha - maybe it was just me but I didn't think I mode really helped too much, though I haven't used it in over 20k miles :p I felt like the car was anemic when in I mode so I switched completely to S for my daily driving and if I'm feeling frisky I'll put it in S#

Hey guys, talk with your tuners. If you aren't beating on your car, he can make you a 87 octane map. If I weren't going for service tomorrow.

I don't mean to sound stupid asking this,

but an 87 Octane tune would allow me to drive SAFELY on 87 Octane? I'd be happy to give up some performance right now to save on fuel. Would it increase MPG too, or just allow 87 Octane?

With gas prices as they are, I'm looking for anyway to lower fuel costs as my daily commute has increased tremendously. I'm even considering driving the wife's Elantra to conserve.... :spin:

But switching isn't recommended. Same reason E85 and 93 shouldn't be switched frequently. You won't be able to empty the tank enough to get a full high-octane fill in. That means that your slight blend is going to drop octane compared to what your "high-test" map was tuned on.

There is definietly a greater risk of det if you switch constantly.

Remember that filling with 93 over 87 is only a few dollars per tank. I gave up drinking soft drinks, and I'm saving far more than the cost difference between 93 and 87.

How many times do you fill up your tank? Right now I'm only getting 180-210 miles per tank so I'm fueling up about once per week or pretty damn close.

If you are going to 87 and when you switch back, you can use an Octane Booster (Torco is pretty damn good) to the 93 and be damn sure to be on vapors before filling up with 93 and no, you won't be switching constantly. This map also allows you to use the mid grade (89?) with more ease of mind.

Archived