LegacyGT.com

CEL P2096 Help, please!

So I've done a ton of searching on the forum about this. Seems the main fixer for this is replacing the rear o2. Problem is, I replaced it last week and it just threw again. Killing me! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I am a Subie virgin. My 06 LGT is my first Subie after spending the last 15 years messing with (and owning 25-30) Hondas. I'm quite car literate, but this is new territory for me. So thanks guys for the great info on this forum. It helps a lot! Now.. Help me fix!! :)

Welcome to my life. I used to get the 2096 code every couple days. My rear o2 sensor is bad. Well the sensor is fine but one of the wires going to it is broken. I just disabled to code in my tune until I have the time to see if I can fix the wire or replace the sensor.

Oh you might also pop a PO136 I believe if you don't clear the code after a while, this will put the car into a limp mode and cut your boost down to about 11psi or so if you are at stage two. Well it did on my car.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Some of these cars had bad cat's...?

Yea, it's to bad Honda doesn't make a car like these...

Cats are on a separate warranty and they're good for 8 years/ 80k... at least they were on my '05 2.5i... but I would think the '06 gt's used same mfg... so if you fall into that, you can try and get new cats from the dealership... if that is even the problem. sounds like someone already had/has this problem with the rear 02 sensor though

^^ That is a federal warranty and covers all CARS sold in the US (trucks may not be the same since they are under different emissions standards)

I'm not sure exactly what that code describes, but the 8yr/80k warranty basically covers the cats and the PCM. So if either of those failed, it is covered under warranty. Details would be in your warranty handbook.

• 5 months later...
I have this CEL as well. I have an 08 legacy gt and it is practically stock. Only Hid's and the SPT intake. What i did so far was unplug the battery and reconnect it. When I started the vehicle the CEL did not come back on yet. I have only driven about 30 miles, but I will keep you guys posted.

Archived