LegacyGT.com

Boston area tire places: Altimax Arctic 225/45/17 in stock?

Beanboy

If run out of options locally try calling John & Son's tire in Manchester NH. He was able to make a set of 4 Conti DWS for me when everyone in the country supposedly was out of stock including mail order for a few months.

Good luck.

I'm set, just got back from Direct Tire which had fewer than 12 left at warehouse. Just have to throw the wheel back on.

Far as 225 versus 205, 205 would ultimately be better for snow stuff, cheaper and just as much sidewall protection. I just liked the idea of 225/45/7 snow tires.

They are not quiet on dry roads. They have mediocre grip on dry roads. Then again, once I got past the first 100ish miles, the dry grip improved.

Wet roads? Snow? They are awesome. They do their job. Per Consumer Reports, the Altimax Artic is a top rated tire.

EDIT: Just for clarification, my dry grip comments are comparing to Dunlap Direzza Z1 Star Spec 225/45-17 in summer. Not a fair comparison.

Glad it worked out for you. General tires in "general" (sorry) have been getting great reviews, especially the new light truck Grabber's. I wanted a set for my Grand Cherokee but they were on BO so I went with Destination AT's.

I'm going to need some tires for the money pit soon so I might check out what General has to offer.

Archived