LegacyGT.com

98 GT Limited!!

It's nice now that it's running I can work on appearance stuff.

It was a lot of work to get it to this point. Especially 100% alone... it would have been soooo much easier to do all this engine swap crap with help... specifically someone who knows what they're doing :rolleyes:

I sure don't, I just blunder around until something works :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Only took me an hour and a half. And that's including making a new hoist system that works better so I can get the engine out onto the floor without rolling the car out from under it.

I picked up all the gaskets and stuff today. So tomorrow morning when I'm fresh I'll get a cup of tea, print out the head gasket pages from the FSM and reseal the engine. Dropping it back in shouldn't take any longer than pulling it out. Then put on my new wheels!!! Pics of new wheels tomorrow when it ventures out of the garage.

It doesn't feel like a good deal at the moment. .... haha. I spent the better part of this morning figuring out how to replace head gaskets rather than fixing people's computers...

On a good note, the heads are all bolted back on, so after lunch all I have to do is bolt up the intake manifold and drop it back in the car. An even better note would be a healthy exhaust note...... If it runs I'll be able to justify spending all day working on it, only to have to spend all night catching up on computer work. If it doesn't run........... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks guys. I like having a working car. So I do stuff fast as I can to get it done again. I'm self-employed. So I can do whatever I want. I'll be up late working on computers though...

failed inspection for e-brake not working, and a broke front coil spring.

I'll be upgrading to 02-03 wrx springs. But tomorrow I'm gonna buy a spring compressor and a cheap spring to get me through inspection while I'm looking for a deal.

Fixed the e-brake tonight, just needed to take everything apart, adjust and clean it.

Archived