LegacyGT.com

Advice needed, please (CBE)

quick4dr

so currently i run a COBB mid/y pipe with Perrin cans and the sound is pure sex. I cant get my left muffler to line up what so ever, the loss of 1/2in because of the adapter to go from 3in DP to COBB mid seems to F*** my fitment up.

should i sell my set up and go Stromung?

pull the left muffler and use a 2.5in E-cut out?

Have someone modify my COBB pipe to straight 3in?

Well, what direction are you trying to go? All 3 of those are pretty different options. The first ones replaces your whole catback (and look, with the tips going from dual Perrin melon shooters, to quad tips), option 2 is well, a cut-out.. and option 3 is simply chopping a 2.5" flange on the mid pipe and making it a 3" flat flange.

What exactly do you want to accomplish/change as far as your exhaust goes?

i love the perrin sound. my fitment is errible due to the reducer off setting the exhasut by 1/2 to almost 1 inch. all three options solve my problem. the stromung keep the sound and makes fitment great, the second makes fitment great because the right can fits perfect, and a cut out would be used for random mayhem, with just single exit as DD. the 3rd keeps all the same and would make my left can fit.

The Stromung is probably not an option. They are spoken for. Sounds like the choice was so obvious by your first post:

"the sound is pure sex"

I know if it fit just right the look is great too so...

"modify... 3in"

^for the win. Makes the most sense financially. Will keep the sound you already love. Nothing at all wrong with what you have. I love my Stromung, doesnt mean you need one or to spend money for no reason if a muffler shop can solve your problem

Sounds like you already have an awesome setup that just needs a little modding right??

So you aren't selling your setup anymore? Bummer.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

ya i dont like the look either. but if you could fill in the cutout with some good body work. It would be definately unique, i saw a vid on youtube and the tone was different but good.. Ill be rocking duals for a long time any way.

Archived