LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Wagon... $16k?

tak555

This is the asking price from a dealership for a white 2005 Legacy 2.5GT wagon, with 74K miles, and auto transmission. Bluebook is in the low $14K's...

Asking price seems high, but over the last couple months, I've found that these cars are hard to come by in southern CA...

So, what's the most YOU would pay for it if you were in the market right now?

(pertinent things to consider... Automatic is a benefit not a detriment, I would prefer a black interior to the tan interior that it comes with, but otherwise it's almost exactly what I'm looking for....)

THANKS!

thanks for the input booster, yah it will probably come down to how much they're willing to work on it... i just can't imagine paying over $13.5k for it, and i can't imagine them coming down $2.5k. so it might be a stalemate.

btw, do you still have your zhp?

I traded in my zhp for the legacy (have to update my profile)... I work for a BMW dealer and they gave me payoff... The Legacy was at one of our other stores 90 miles away. Had them ship the car over to my dealer and basically bought it sight unseen...

I really miss my 07 335i coupe though that got totaled.

I picked up my 05 5MT Unlimited wagon last year in early December in Fairfield county ct for $14,500 with 40,000miles on it. Back in 08 I bought my first LGT wagon, 05 5EAT for $17,200 with 20k on the clock.

Seams a bit high to me, but it is a limited. If it were a manual I would prob be willing to pay for the premium... but for an auto... idk.

How long has the dealer had the car? the longer they have had it the more they want to move it and will be willing to lower the price.

Can you get any service history on it? If you have a local mechanic you can trust might be worth having them check it out.

Idk 16k seems a bit high to me for a car with 75k on it... but I am no expert

That seems really expensive. 2 years ago now I bought an '05 non limited GRP 5-speed, they only made 71 of them, with 57k on it, I walked out of the dealership paying 13.8k after taxes and all that fun crap. For the mileage that is way too pricey, IMHO.

thanks for the input booster, yah it will probably come down to how much they're willing to work on it... i just can't imagine paying over $13.5k for it, and i can't imagine them coming down $2.5k. so it might be a stalemate.

btw, do you still have your zhp?

Why not? Some dealers price their cars high to play the price game for trade in's and/or try to see if someone will bite at the price. If Book Value is about $14K, the dealer knows that as well. Dealers are in the business of selling cars, so if you come close to that number you should be able to agree to a deal.

Why not? Some dealers price their cars high to play the price game for trade in's and/or try to see if someone will bite at the price. If Book Value is about $14K, the dealer knows that as well. Dealers are in the business of selling cars, so if you come close to that number you should be able to agree to a deal.

we'll see... even at 13k, it seems a little high... i'm considering going in there and completely low-balling them and see where it goes from there.

Engine cover tabs are missing, I have a gut feeling that this car have been molested before. If you really want it, start at $13k like others said, but don't head down there yet, email the dealer for quote a few times so you get an idea of how much they would be willing to start with before going there. Also drive the car and see if there are any hesitation problems.

This is the asking price from a dealership for a white 2005 Legacy 2.5GT wagon, with 74K miles, and auto transmission. Bluebook is in the low $14K's...

Asking price seems high, but over the last couple months, I've found that these cars are hard to come by in southern CA...

So, what's the most YOU would pay for it if you were in the market right now?

(pertinent things to consider... Automatic is a benefit not a detriment, I would prefer a black interior to the tan interior that it comes with, but otherwise it's almost exactly what I'm looking for....)

THANKS!

I'm looking at the exact same car. Funny I was just gonna ask for advice about the car. I'm in NorCal, but was curious since they are hard to come by. I had a fellow i-club member check the car out. The front and rear bumpers have both been resprayed recently. He said it's noticeable. It's also missing the plastic undertray underneath the engine. The calipers are painted, but it's chipping. There is rust on the battery tie downs and the connectors. But the exhaust looks like it was never changed, the bolts are pretty rusty. I was trying to decide if it was worth a drive down to see it in person.

Oh and there is a scratch on the driver's door that has been touched up but not repainted.

I test drove the car the other night as I'm looking for a sport wagon for myself. I thought it had a terrible turbo lag to it. As in push the accelerator wait a second and then it would go. It looks a bit hacked up, it has a XM radio system wired into it somehow and sounds like the fan in the dash is going.

I passed on it as the dealer wanted to start negotiating at $14k. I really don't think it's worth it...

Got a 2005 legacy gt limited 84k white 5speed on 18s 2 weeks ago for 13k... db tuned looked at it today and said it was in great condition but to watch the vf 40 because it is problematic and to upgraade to a vf 52 sooner than later... Hope this helps so you know what is out there...

Another data point:

I bought my 05 EAT wagon (silver with black interior) for 13.4 in Santa Monica in November. Very clean, 80k miles, brand new Yokohama S-drives in 225-45-17. They -are- hard to find; I flew down from bay area to buy it. Good luck with your search...

Archived