LegacyGT.com

Two different answers

I called the dealership about a blown turbo and was told I had to come up with receipts for two years worth of oil changes since I did not service with them. Then I called SoA and they told me it wouldn’t be a problem and gave me a reference number telling me to call back if the dealership gave me any problems. So I called the dealership back and said I had a reference number and that SoA said since I had the gold plan there wouldn’t be a problem. The answer the service manager said was that it didn’t matter if I had a reference number because that I still have to prove maintenance. What gives? I do have a receipt for the last one but not for two years.

Do what vr4Legacy said, or call SOA and ask them for another dealer that will honor what they say. Make sure and let them know your dealer is a a**hole.

After doing either of those, I would still have second thought's about ever going there again or letting them touch my car. May be ask SOA if you can have a outside shop do the work because you don't trust this stealership.

Make sure you have the Aholes name and may be you can get him fired.

The more I think about this ... the more I get Pissed off and it aint even my car...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I just got my car back last Friday from the dealer after they replaced my SECOND turbo. The first one was covered by the warranty with no problem at 17k, then my second one went exactly at 80k. This time they wanted one years worth of oil change receipts PLUS one years worth of coolant change receipts. I provided them with the receipts then they called and told me they will accept the receipts but now they had to drop the oil pan and takes pictures then send them to the extended warranty company!!! So after 3 weeks and some major headaches I finally got my car back. Also, while my car was there the service manager called and asked me if I wanted to have the timing belt/tensioner done and they would cover it under the same deductible and all I would have to do is pay for the parts. I figured I have 80k on it so I should have it done anyway. So when all was said and done and $430 later my car runs great again!!

Well, that's my story with Subaru, hope yours ends up ok, GOOD LUCK!!

Archived