LegacyGT.com

Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

joedirtae09

I know some people either hate or love carbon fiber...

For those of you that love it, what do you think about this??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-Carbon-Fiber-Dash-Kit-Trim-Parts-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aSubaruQ7cModelQ3aLegacyQQhashZitem4aa67ebb77QQitemZ320620903287QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It seems like its legit but I dont know about paying that much for it

Anyone have this or know of someone that does?

OMFG! :lol: I have seen this kit in person and WOW do the parts look like CRAP. Looks like 80s "puffy" stickers with a TEENY bit of the thinnest WHATEVER fiber dyed to look like cf.

Seriously better off with a vtec logo than this stuff - yeah its that bad. I was given pieces of this kit that I then took to a meet and TRIED TO GIVE AWAY. It actually took effort to get someone to TAKE IT FOR FREE.

EDIT: 3m CF wrap would be a HUGE step up from this kit.

^ I was pretty sure someone was goin to say something like this... Im glad I got to hear it before I did anything stupid.

Ive been thinking about doing the CF wrap, I just thought this could be an easier route to take but easy isnt always good.

The wrap idea is a sound one. I have wrapped a couple of components with the Di-Noc wrap and love the results!

The wife even commented on how nice it looked...but you have to have patience and a steady hand...

....point taken...and I have no delusion about the weight "saving" benefits on CF...I just prefer the look to the scratched silver plastic of my un-limited edition!

Besides, many of the AL components of our cars are actually lighter than their CF replacements...hood, trunk, etc!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived