LegacyGT.com

2008 GT limited with 70K miles

legacyrx

Hey guys,

So I found this car with 72K miles on it. Looks clean, carfax checks out. It's a 5speed manual, gray with black leather. Subaru dealership was asking 17K:rolleyes:. I offered 15K but now want 15K OTD. What do you guys think? NADA clean trade in and KBB clean trade in give 15K as the value. Reasonable?

Thanks!

All kinda depends on where you live, market value is different depending on where you go. A first tier dealership is probably not going to take 15k out the door. They don't make as much as you think on used cars even less on new. Most of their money is made in the financing and the extra service coverage up sells. At 17k they probably took it in, if it was a trade for around 15k. If they got it at auction you may have some wiggle room. If it’s a second tier dealership they probably have more wiggle room. So it all kinda depends. Worst they can say is no. Good luck

Thanks for the response Nflea

So now it's either this car or spec B. The Spec B asking is 24K. Carfax is perfect with perfect maintenance schedule so previous owner definitely took care of this car. Do you think if I offer them 22K that it would be a good deal??

thanks

So guys, I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the Spec B. What do you think about 23.5K? Again, the guy traded it in to the same dealership and followed maintenance schedule religiously. The car is in EXCELLENT condition. Doesn't have a spoiler which I kind of prefer anyway. I'm getting 2.75% for 3 years from my credit union.

Please help!!!

What's the mileage on the Spec B? And year?

I would think you could find an LGT Lim. for cheaper than 17k with that mileage on it, for sure, but I don't know where you live and how prices are relative to the area (as Nflea said).

What's the mileage on the Spec B? And year?

I would think you could find an LGT Lim. for cheaper than 17k with that mileage on it, for sure, but I don't know where you live and how prices are relative to the area (as Nflea said).

36k and it's a 2008. No recalls open for the car. Unfortunately no similar cars in the area. I found out they own the car for 22k

36k and it's a 2008. No recalls open for the car. Unfortunately no similar cars in the area. I found out they own the car for 22k

I guess you're the only one who can answer the question on whether the extra money is worth it to you.

For 22k, you're not far from what I paid for a brand new 2008 Limited.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

23k. It was a leftover, I bought it in January of 2009. From what I understood, the dealership had to make payments on it beginning in January since it was unsold, so they wanted to get rid of it.

My strategy to getting the lowest price I could was emailing all the local dealerships, telling them what I was looking for (for me, it was a year old leftover that was still brand new, that was a manual transmission). It's best not to be TOO specific because you don't want to rule out a bunch of dealerships, unless you're dead set on a color or something. Once a few get back to you, respond to them with who the lowest offer is. This way you get them to compete to get the sale.

23k. It was a leftover, I bought it in January of 2009. From what I understood, the dealership had to make payments on it beginning in January since it was unsold, so they wanted to get rid of it.

My strategy to getting the lowest price I could was emailing all the local dealerships, telling them what I was looking for (for me, it was a year old leftover that was still brand new, that was a manual transmission). It's best not to be TOO specific because you don't want to rule out a bunch of dealerships, unless you're dead set on a color or something. Once a few get back to you, respond to them with who the lowest offer is. This way you get them to compete to get the sale.

Geez, you're right, I'm being taken for a ride. Doing a little research, these cars were selling for less than this over a year ago with less miles. I called and left a message with the finance manager to cancel the deal and refund my deposit. Oh and I did offer 20K and not a penny above in case they're desperate. I think I can get that 08 with 70K for $15K OTD. Do you guys think that it's a good deal??

Thanks for the help

I offered 15K but now want 15K OTD. What do you guys think? NADA clean trade in and KBB clean trade in give 15K as the value. Reasonable?

Thanks!

You want to pay 'trade in value' for a used car at a dealership? Dealers are in the business of making money, if they are selling you the car at what it should cost (they are losing money after they pay their employees), my first question would be what is wrong with the car. Is it beat up, neglected, dents, scratches, prior accident/salvage title?

Archived