LegacyGT.com

Best wipers?

seiyafan

Valeo + aquapel = awesome

That's my combination as well. On the freeway I barely need to use the wipers for the rain, just for when mist is kicked up by other cars. Otherwise the rain just beads up and rolls right off.

In town though you're not driving fast enough and do need to use the wipers. There's a fair bit of streaking with the Aquapel.

The Aquapel makes for much nicer night driving too.

I have another question about fog light (just don't want to start another thread), can the OEM fog light be turned on independent of low beam being on or off?

You'd think a company that makes good winter weather cars like Subaru would think of this, but no. You need your low-beams on with your fog lights.

Bosh icons suck and should be thrown away if you have them. For that price and they only last 1 year for me!!!. I switched to the Rain x ones and love them.

You may have gotten a bad batch. My friend's set of Icons only lasted about a year before they wouldn't wipe the passenger side clearly. I've had mine for almost 4 years with no problem. Whenever they started to skip or streak, I'd just clean the blades.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

RainX are rubber blades aren't they? I have used silicone blades on an older truck that I had bought at WalMart.. they no longer carry them.. but they lasted a lot longer than any rubber blade I've ever used..

Anyone heard anything from PIAA's Silicone blades?

There are 4 types of products made by PIAA, forza hybrid silicone, super sporza silicone, super silicone and si-tech silicone, so which one is the best?

Update: Tirerack has buy one get one free deal for Valeo Ultimate (900 series) wipers, and they also sell PIAA wipers for about the same price but only for one, so this is a no brainer.

Archived