LegacyGT.com

Infamous Performance and Tuning - My Experience

Thanks all!

As for endlinks, the OEM are weak. It is not about ride height. It is about bar stiffness. Most aftermarket sway bars are about 100% stiffer than stock. This increases the stress on the endlink considerably. You can use OEM for a while. But they will break.

Mike - what do you recommend for end links with uprated sways? There's so many out there and with all the water here, they 1) have to be impervious to moisture (read: sealed) and 2) can stand-up to the stress of a lowered, heavier-SB'd LGT wagon. I had the adjustable AVOs, but they didn't last long enough to really get my money's worth. So back to stock until I can find the right combination.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

First. I hesitate to use power washers. They are too strong for many seals. I have seen motor cycles get worked by power washers. I just use the hose. But I wash at least once a week. Sometimes twice. Even in NY winter.

Dale. The endlinks. Right now the most popular endlink by far is the Kartboy. Its design is not "sealed". but I know what you are talking about. My Perrin links lasted maybe 6 months after just 1 NY winter. The spherical bearings were shot and so noisy my ECU was picking up false knock! I dont have any dust covered joint style endlinks I can recommend for your use. But I think that the Kartboy would be my next choice if I were back in NY still. Dogbone style body (strong) and bushing style links. Very similar to my current MSI set up.

Was trending toward the KB ones, both because I know the Tom personally from my time in San Diego and that All-wheel Engineering (Tom's company) over-engineers their product. I was previously trying to get a set of MSIs (rarer than hen's teeth) till I read about some member issues with those.

You must not wash the underside of your car. My cars are spotless top side and underside.

Nope, never have.. can't really think of how to do that.. since I can't get under the car.. I do have a power washer, but I don't care to get soaking wet by laying on the wet pavement.. so how do you wash the underside?

I get wet.

In winter it SUCKS. I have laid out in my own ice (from my hose) to clean the salt and calcium off. I am a litle nuts. Its what makes me...me.

Dale, You want my MSI's? I think I might rather have the Kartboys too. I have not had good luck with my MSI's and bushings. Warranty my arse. I have paid over $150 for replacement bushings already.

Nope, never have.. can't really think of how to do that.. since I can't get under the car.. I do have a power washer, but I don't care to get soaking wet by laying on the wet pavement.. so how do you wash the underside?

I use the kind of sprinkler that goes back and forth but you have to move it around to get everything.

In the spring you can remove your wheels and clean the suspension components by hand with a paint brush and some cleaner.

Dale, You want my MSI's? I think I might rather have the Kartboys too. I have not had good luck with my MSI's and bushings. Warranty my arse. I have paid over $150 for replacement bushings already.

Your MSIs were one of the reasons I decided to look elsewhere :). Will pickup a set of KBs too.

They look pretty (MSi). But thats about it. They work (until the bushings crack). No matter what torque you use, the bushings fail. But I have so much money in them now, I could have bought 3 sets of Kartboys for the same money.

I had Perrins, FAIL.

I have MSI now, FAIL.

I might have to bite the bullet and hang the MSi on the wall and buy some Kartboys myself.

No experience like in-house testing.

• 1 year later...

Mike is awesome. I thought I was SOL when I did my clutch. He didn't just make things right, he made them awesome :D

He even has answered my hundreds of questions like I was a new customer each time

can't put a price on good customer support

My last post was off topic.........I ordered the Hotchkis setup with kartboy endlinks, all new front end bushings as well as the rear bracket reinforcement. Mike was more than helpful. Definitely an asset to the forum!:)

Infamous Performance is the best simply because when you call, Mike picks up the phone. I've ordered things through him multiple times now and I've never been disappointed. Honesty really does go a long way, maybe some other vendors should start taking notes.

Thanks Mike!

I admit to not always getting to the phone. If I am under a car or neck deep in one, chances are you get the machine. If it is Saturday and I am working on a car you will get the machine (technically closed Saturdays, but always seem to have appointments for cars, lol). If you leave a message, I try my best to get back to you ASAP. If I miss anyone, I apologize. I am only 1 person and I do my best to give every call my full attention.

Still, I'd be happy to get the machine knowing that I actually would get a call back, instead of having to call back again and again. Mike is really a great guy and I'm tremendously grateful that he is a vendor on this forum. If I lived in Cali (Oh, and I wish I did), I would definitely go to him for all the work I didn't feel comfortable doing or for some great advice.

Archived