LegacyGT.com

Infamous Performance and Tuning - My Experience

I just ordered front and rear Hotchkis sway bars, Kartboy front and rear end links, COBB AP and bushing for the SBs and control arms from Mike at Infamous Performance.

Never have I come across the amount of customer service I received from Mike at Infamous. I had so many questions that I thought he might tell me to go elsewhere to order my parts. Not to mention that he went above and beyond while my PayPal account was being set up.

Five out of five stars is my rating for Mike at Infamous. Thank you so much for all of your patience and guidance on ordering the correct parts for my application. Thanks as well for being honest in telling me that I did not need parts that would have yielded more money in your pockets.

Shipping was prompt and I had my tracking number within tow days of ordering my goods. Keep in mind this order was placed on Dec 30th which is a busy time of year for everyone.

Looking forward to having an E tune done when I hook up the AP as well as ordering my UP/DN pipe when I go stage two this year.

Anyone looking to get parts for their Subaru need look no further then Infamous Performance.

Thanks again Mike for all your help and patience with everything.

+2

He was quite helpful with my clutch purchase, I pm'd about a particular clutch and he suggested going with the clutch master due to a sale he was running. Shipping is crazy fast too. Clutch is finally going in this weds and I will be able to finish up my infamous tune.

Hotchkis is the hollow one right? How are you all liking those? I've never had hollow sways..

Anyways, I haven't bought anything from Infamous yet, but even here on the forums, Mike has been a LOAD of help, I'll be doing a lot of purchases from him this year :)

+1

On his website, it says something like "honest tech advice". Priceless.

He was very helpful to me as well.

Should read "PRICELESS tech advice";)

+100 for me. Mike is doing a rebuild of my LGT. Check it out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lalgt-rebuild-thread-152682.html?t=152682&highlight=lalgt+rebuild

Hotchkis is the hollow one right? How are you all liking those? I've never had hollow sways..

Anyways, I haven't bought anything from Infamous yet, but even here on the forums, Mike has been a LOAD of help, I'll be doing a lot of purchases from him this year :)

I'd like your opinion on the sway bars as well. I'm thiking of getting some but probably keeping the stock end links.

I wouldn't. I'm sure they're fine, but they're skinny.. remind me of all skin and bones.. I'd rather spend the 70 bucks a pair to replace them while I have the car on jacks before they break on the road

I didn't think aftermarket endlinks were necessary if the vehicle is not lowered. Also, I'm sure I remember reading on here that they may fit better than aftermarkets endlinks on stock ride height. So is it that some aftermarket endlinks are shorter but others are not? If so, which brand will work on the stock ride height?

I'd like your opinion on the sway bars as well. I'm thiking of getting some but probably keeping the stock end links.

I didn't think aftermarket endlinks were necessary if the vehicle is not lowered. Also, I'm sure I remember reading on here that they may fit better than aftermarkets endlinks on stock ride height. So is it that some aftermarket endlinks are shorter but others are not? If so, which brand will work on the stock ride height?

x2

I have a set of Rallitek springs and sways that I hope to put on in the spring, and I have also been wondering about the above questions.

As I understand it, the main advantage of the aftermarket links is strength, when compared to stock, which are skinny and prone to breakge when stiffer bars apply more force. The Hotchkis set I just put on are adjustable for length. Check out the photos in Infamous' website...

Also the rear mounting brackets should be beefed up for the same reason. I used AVO reinforcing brackets (in blue, like the Hotchkis bars FWIW)

I bought my CNT downpipe, gs gasket, and 3"-2.5" adapter from mike's group buy. Like you he was very patient with me while i set up my paypal and obtained the funds to pay him. Shipping info came quick, and he was very helpful and showed interest in making sure all was well.

From this day forward i'll get all my performance parts from mike at infamous.

on a side note, sweet car LALGT.

Here are some photo's of the stuff I purchased.

I haven't put the sway bars in yet and won't be doing that until this month sometime. As soon as they are in and I have some first impressions I will let everyone know. There is some stuff floating around the forum about COBB FSB walking and causing problems but I asked Mike about this and he assured me that Hotchkis addresses this in the second revision.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee353/josephanthony01/IMG_0342.jpg

You can see the Kartboy end links on the bottom left. The other stuff is the AVO brackets, misc bushings and my AP.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee353/josephanthony01/IMG_0344.jpg

My experience with Mike was so good that I will be getting my Oil pick up, cooler, UP/DN pipe from him in the near future. I'm even thinking about making the drive down from Seattle to have him install and tune.

My theory is this. Once I find a shop/person I am happy with I DON'T go anywhere else, not even if another shop is offering the same part at a savings. Loyalty is a big part of any relationship and this kind of relationship is no different.

I can't stress how good my experience was with Mike at Infamous. My only regret is that I didn't get in on the GB for the exhaust he is having fabricated.

Unless something went seriously sideways or Mike did not have the part I was looking for, there is no need for me to even entertain the thought of going anywhere else.

Thanks again Mike for making this a pleasure and not a chore.

OP You are mising one important piece IMO: http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-283/AVO-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

Consider it.

From this day forward i'll get all my performance parts from mike at infamous. on a side note, sweet car LALGT.

Mostly thanks to Mike at Infamous, thats why I mentioned it. My experience is 100% the same as OP; I've just spent a lot more money so far.

Thanks all!

With stiffer rear sways I do recommend a reinforcing bracket. I even carry the AVO in blue to match the bars. I believe he has the blue ones in the pic. Notice the extra packaging, LOL.

Like many of the products I sell, I have first hand experience with these bars. Not only did I run the original Cobb version2 on my car(s) for 3 years, I just recently removed the Cobbs. Instead of re-powder coating them (NY winter had taken a toll to the paint), I replaced them with the Hotchkis. I am happy to report they are the exact same bars.

Except, I paid about $500 for my Cobbs and I sell the Hotchkis for about 1/2 that.

As for endlinks, the OEM are weak. It is not about ride height. It is about bar stiffness. Most aftermarket sway bars are about 100% stiffer than stock. This increases the stress on the endlink considerably. You can use OEM for a while. But they will break.

My theory is this. Once I find a shop/person I am happy with I DON'T go anywhere else, not even if another shop is offering the same part at a savings. Loyalty is a big part of any relationship and this kind of relationship is no different.

I completely agree.. though it would take half a week for me to get out to California.. I'm mainly on the East Coast

I even carry the AVO in blue to match the bars. I believe he has the blue ones in the pic. Notice the extra packaging, LOL.

Gosh thats embarassing... I thought that was something else wrapped in there! I did not notice that they came in BLUE.

WOW THATS COOL OP! I wish I got BLUE ones to match my bars (but I am just happy we all have 'em)

Gosh thats embarassing... I thought that was something else wrapped in there! I did not notice that they came in BLUE.

WOW THATS COOL OP! I wish I got BLUE ones to match my bars (but I am just happy we all have 'em)

Powder coat them. I thought I might powder coat the bars and brackets a different color since I'm not a big fan of the blue but not sure what color would be any better. I suppose I could go stealth and powder coat them black. I thought of forest green. Well see.

Think I might jump on the GB wagon for the Strmung exhaust. Once again Mike is educating me on the best setup for my application.

on car already: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3222166&postcount=2

(Not important enought to me to p/coat honestly. I just love blue, its my fav color!)

Not to mention in time they'll turn black with the road grime and everythign else. My Sentra SE-R had a huge Nismo RSB and Tien Basics... within a year, both where black (or extremely darker). Nismo RSB came silver, tiens of course, green.

Archived