LegacyGT.com

225/45/18 on 18x8 rims, would it be too stretched?

christurismohk

• 2 weeks later...

No. 17x8 or 18x8 is good for 225. If you dont care about curbing your rim you could go with a narrower tire, but if you are interested in the best traction for 225, you should us a 9 inch rim - again only if you dont give a shit about curbing. Wider is better, but start with a wider _rim_

It is foolish to run 225/45/18 instead of 225/40/18 if you want a "comfy ride." You need to accept that comfort is important to you and do the sensible thing, which is to run 225/45/17 on a 17x8 rim.

Actually, if you are concerned enough about the ride to do what you are suggesting you should save yourself the headache and buy a grand touring tire on the stock rims. It seems like you arent interested in performance.

x9" rims are not close to oem scrub radius (which is important for performance). I am running 245 on 18x8 and not only are they square, they flush up very nice on the car and have nearly the same amount of tread on either side of the centerline (DR31 Drag18x8+48 on 245/35/18 KDW2). I considered wider but for 265 and wider much more agressive camber is needed to take advantage for cornering (per several of our track guru on the forum) and thats just not great for a street car.

link to see 245/35/18 on 18x8 D31 Drag

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3237716&postcount=65

Hahahaha you knuckle heads, I see we are all "almost" saying the same thing but we all made some mistakes (probably due to posting too fast without reading).

Ok, I didn't notice that the OP said 45 series to be "more comfy". I don't know how I missed that. We aren't noticing that LALGT mentions a 35 series tire he runs (almost missed that) and tantal actually missed it with his last response.

I think we all need some sleep...lol. Especially the OP. Dude...go 225 or 235 on 40series on an 18" rim. The ride isn't bad at all.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

(this thread is done so not going to stress on funny OT convo)

Personally I love your silver on silver. IMO if you had the tint that has a slightly metallic look to it and clear corners it would be the cats meow - of course thats just me and its not mine.

Archived