LegacyGT.com

Bolt Size Help + other questions....

Ive search and I've come up with bubpkiss....can someone please fill be in on the bolt size (thread count) that they have used to secure the EJ25D to an engine stand...I don't have the old engine out yet because the new engine is still being held up by the engine hoist which I will need to to use to get the old engine out....

additionally besides the head gasket what else should I replace while I have the engine out of the car? I was told that the oil seperator (i think that is what it is behind where the driveplate bolts to the engine) can be done, but what else? upgraded engine and transmission mounts (where can I find them also?)

TIA

-P

• I Donated
I don't know the bolt size off hand, but you can take a bellhousing bolt out of the car and go match it up to one at Home Depot or something

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I feel like an idiot, I could have given you one of my extra bellhousing bolts to get the threads matched up at lowe's/Homedepot. I also forgot to give you that driveplate but you can still use the one off of the engine you have to pull. Hit me up if you still want some help on this project.

Def still will be needing the help...a thread size would be wonderful.... =D I can't take one from the bellhousing right bc the car isn't back at my garage yet and when I tried to get one out of the car in the 15F weather I had too much in the way that I didn't want to move around until the car is in a warmer environment

• I Donated
easiest one to get out is the top passenger side. Just need to get some of the intake out of the way.

+1

Starter bolt works too. One of the two of them doubles up as a bellhousing bolt. I don't remember what one of the two it is though.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
the one up top IIRC, its the same threads but the bolt is longer

he just needs the thread size. he can pick the length he wants / needs....or go longer then you need to be on the safe side and use washers as spacers....

I was thinking the top, but its been quite awhile since I've pulled mine

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Well tomorrow I guess I'll work on getting one of the starter bolts out...now what about engine mounts? Where might I be able to acquire some stiffer ones? I remember on my old volskwagen replaced the front mount with a grade 8 bOlt and 3 hockey pucks with a whole I drilled thru the middle, sounds ghetto? Yes but worked berthed than anything out there...perfect firmness but gave enough to not rattle ur filings loose at idle...

And the correct bolt size is m10x1.25 for the starter bolt on the drivers side, the bOlt hole below that and the bolt hole on upper passenger side of the block, there appears to be other different sized bolt holoes lower on the block that I wil have to figure out later, but for now m10x1.25 is the elusive number. =D

Archived