LegacyGT.com

02 WRX + 97 Legacy GT

• I Donated

I'm getting my hands on an 02 WRX pretty soon. Its a complete car in good condition....The engine is taken out though (the old engine had bottom end problems, guy is in the process of building a new one).....Anyways, the engine is not put together, but has all the parts (turbo, exhaust, pipes, ecu, wiring, gaskets, head bolts, timing components, water pump, etc). Its basically a complete car thats in pieces lol.

Anyways, I was thinking about getting it (super cheap) and putting the suspension, engine, turbo, exhaust, transmission, rear diff, wiring, ecu, blah blah blah all in my 97 Legacy GT.

Has anyone ever done something like that? I would like to someone with experience to chime in here.

As far as getting the engine/turbo to bolt up, I know I'll need the cradle out of the WRX....and I know I'll most likely have to get my driveshaft cut down some....any other odd ball things that I need to know of before I dive into this project?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
I don't mind the work at all. I've done tons of engine swaps (for like kinds though). This will be the first time I've taken one kind of engine and replaced it with a totally different engine.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Noob, VTECH is a phone company, VTEC is the Honda bread and butter, sheesh :cool::lol:

pwnd lol

VTECH makes toys too....lol

how about the kanooter valve? lol

Seriously though. Wiring is the only thing that should give me problems?

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

wiring/engine management is going to be the biggest headache with the engine. I'm not exactly sure what kind of problems mechanically you'll run into swapping in all of the other parts like the drivetrain and exhaust but the engine shouldn't be a problem

• I Donated

My goal with doing the harness and ecu swap is the virtually have a WRX sitting inside of a BD chassis. I'm thinking that if I just swap over all the wiring and everything, then it shouldn't be THAT bad.....lol

And before someone says anything about it lol....

I'm not keeping the WRX shell because I don't like Imprezas. The BD Legacy is my favorite car. Not to mention EVERYONE has a WRX.....BD Legacys are few and far between

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived