LegacyGT.com

We need to have a Meet.

itsme

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Exactly...someone more in the know should assist with options.

Remember that this list may still grow 1-3more so...

& regarding the drive...should we be out there at day break?

Then go eat?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Angeles Crest Local Note: Angeles Crest Forest Highway is closed at BOTH ENDS right now. Very few access roads - I FOUND THE WAY IN AND OUT (and you wont find the info on the highway patrol or caltrans). I spend 5 hours up there on a flawless Saturday. Saw maybe 6 cars on the road (+15-20 at the lift near the end) and 10 motorcycles the whole time. Tons of incredible roads and incredible pictures. Freshly repaved and will not perfect and empty as soon as the ends are open sometime soon.

I will PM people on the drive list with location info and how to get in and out of ACFH when the time is set but I am not going to openly post it (and neither should you). This is not a race, these are public roads.

:(Sorry guys but I'm back on the maybe list I might have to work on Sunday. I won't know until Saturday but If I can make it im down for the drive so please keep me informed of the meet spot for the drive and hopefully I can show up.

Angeles Crest is still closed

How about little "t", does that take us too far off track?

It's half closed the back route is still open I know this because my buddy and his parents owns Newcomb's Ranch. You can take big tujunga into the Crest and then up to newcomb's ranch. Here are the directions from right off their website.

From Sunland

From the 210 Fwy:

Exit on Sunland Blvd.

West exit turn right

East exit turn left

Turn left on Oro Vista, it turns in to Big Tujunga 10 miles

Turn left on Angeles Forest Hwy 4.5 miles

Turn right on Upper Big Tujunga 9 miles

Turn left on Angeles Crest Hwy. 7 miles

Arrive at Newcomb's Ranch on left.

You could do lunch at hill street cafe at the bottom of the crest or mag pies or have lunch in montrose theres zekes, black cow cafe, star cafe.

If only this was next weekend on a saturday you guys could of set the meet at my house and do pot luck and bbq at my house I live on angeles crest right before the closure. Plus my cul-de-sac is big enough to park 18-20 cars I think. Damn I want to go but I'll be in Wrightwood snowboarding the whole weekend I dont think I'll make it back in time for this.

How far are these places? I have only 1 vehicle between myself and the wife. If I am going to be gone for 8 hours for a lunch meet I cant make it. I already have three trips into LA this week. Plus one into Chino. Have to share the truck.

From oceanside To angeles crest in La Canada it'll be about 1.5hrs. Gmr would be 1hr 5min from Oceanside and places to eat from La Canada to pasadena about 10-15minute drive. The drive on Gmr total would take maybe take 1hr each way. The drive from big tujunga to newcomb's and back about 45-50 minutes each way

Ok. I think I can make the lunch at Roscoes then. its in Pasadena, yes? It will be like a 4 hour round trip drive (traffic). Got to see what the wife has planned. 1 car for 6 months now. It is not working well. So Cal has CRAP public transportation. You could like in NY and never own a car. Many people do.

Mike you should bring MrsSprank. Melissa and Leslie are doing a girls shopping day after popping by Roscoes to check out the cars. MrsSprank can run off and join the wives club from there (and you can hang with the boys). We can meet the wives back at my place later.

I will PM people on the drive list with location info and how to get in and out of ACFH when the time is set but I am not going to openly post it (and neither should you)...

SOME people apparely have problems wiith instructions/requests when they are not even going to show up anyway:rolleyes:

It's half closed the back route is still open I know this because my buddy and his parents owns Newcomb's Ranch. ...Damn I want to go but I'll be in Wrightwood snowboarding the whole weekend I dont think I'll make it back in time for this.

Gonna pass on ACFH now. If someone else comes up with an alternate plan and doesn't post where in open forum I may consider showing up - otherwise I'll see you all for lunch and whatever happens after.

EDIT: I did not pm any info. Posted drives invite hassles imo.

Thanks. Your FMIC is in my dining room/storage. The cat loves the box, LOL.

LMAO has your cat made its bed ontop of the box or the box became the new scratch toy or playing hide and seek in the box HAHA;). BTW how much to get it painted matte black or stealth black with heat resistant paint or what ever you did to on one of your posts of painting the FMIC and pipes? PM me back with price please

Ceramic is more. But works better. If you want it coated, I can drop it off at the powder coaters and have it done up for you. I can PM you a price. Last one cost me $220 to coat. but that ws using RacerX powder coater. I am pretty sure I get a better price from my guy (old race sponsor).

I will talk with the wife and see if she had any plans.

Drives are difficult/dangerous without proper organization. It really takes a bit of work to do it right. It is not a closed course. Can the drivers communicate? Are there spotters for traffic, etc? Lots to think about. Dont want anyone getting hurt or vehicles damaged. Not in the group or the general public.

I'd be pleased just driving up the coast or back and forth on the 210.Doesn't really matter. It's just awesome to see more than two LGT's together...anywhere.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Archived