LegacyGT.com

question about engine

check the radiator. first winter i had my car new, i got a bad rattle from the front at around 2k rpm. turned out the radiator does not sit tight. there is play in the pegs/stands at the bottom of the radiator that sit in the holes. i just shimmed it and it went away.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8778/radf.jpg

sounds to me like a heatshield rattle mine does the same thing try getting under your car and looking at the heatshields on manifold, if they are loose or making noise take some self taping screws and screw them in halfway, i work at subaru and thats our number one complaint heat shield rattle

• 4 weeks later...
alrite guys, so i took my car to the dealer and all they could give me is internal mechanical problems, engine/trans runs good and car has no error codes. not sure wat it is, gonna take my engine apart in the next month, any ideas of wat i should try before goin thru wit it...

alrite guys, so i took my car to the dealer and all they could give me is internal mechanical problems, engine/trans runs good and car has no error codes. not sure wat it is, gonna take my engine apart in the next month, any ideas of wat i should try before goin thru wit it...

Internal Engine problems ? WTF ! You have a 08 if it is under warranty go back and tell them to figure it out. If you are going to tear down a your Ej253 you might as well replace all bearings, rings, gaskets and seals. Make sure you don't have a spun bearing or a bad tensioner

Archived