LegacyGT.com

Trans/diff oil

Some people were going with walmart branded supertec stuff (good supplier), good results. Amsoil has been pretty popular as well. The rear differential does not require any special additives. The LSD itself is sealed.

I also gathered that 75W110 is the new 75w90 due to some specification change.

I'm a fan of using whatever is decent for the lowest price. The walmart experiment is pretty sweet.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/experimenting-wally-world-supertech-75w-90-88763.html?

• Mega Users
The requirement is GL5. So take your pick. Redline, amsoil, royal purple, extraS. At least for the rear diff it probably will not matter too much as long as it is GL5. I've got redline in the front (5eat) and back. It does not require any LSD additives, but for some reason redline recommends their LSD friction modified fluid for the front and rear diff of the auto.

I run Amsoil Severe Gear in front and rear. Be aware that not all of the gear oils, even branded synthetics, meet the various specs that might matter to you. The spec "trio" if you will comes from 2 API specs (GL-5 and MT-1), and some people like to add in the Mil-Spec PRF-2105E.

The Mil-Spec might be superfluous since it is essentially a combination of the 2 API specs, but the MT-1 specification can be important because, among other things, it requires better oxidation stability.

I don't know the list of gear oils that meet MT-1, but if you are shopping for a new brand you might look into that. No clue whether ExtraS is MT-1.

Archived