LegacyGT.com

Valve Cover Breather Hose - Replacement?

Just remove the old hoses, go to Autozone or whatever and get general purpose replacement hoses. As long as the hoses are oil-resistant you are good.

I think that Advance Auto Parts has general purpose hoses. You will have to cut them to the right length.

453747.png

^^^ This

I broke a hose on an Integra a while back, took the broken chunk to Napa and we just compared it to hoses they had. We found one that had the same inner and roughly the same outer diameter and he ended up just handing me the foot long piece I needed out of the scrap pile.

If you buy it, it's sold by the foot, and I wouldn't expect you would need more than two or three feet, should only be a few dollars.

Just plug the hose inlet on the intake sie and stick a breather filter on each valve cover. So long as they don't pop the hood and start poking around during an annual state inspection you'll be fine.

The car will even benefit from this mod since it won't suck in engine oil from the PCV system anymore. While the car benefits, the environment doesn't. If you care about the environment that much, or if you sit when you pee (;)), just replace the hoses with whatever you can find at the parts store.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Archived