LegacyGT.com

Rotas with Kuhmo MXs on the GT wagon...pics added

WRXTom

[quote name='SUBE555']And that's why I'm selling my tires back to the dealership at pickup. So I don't have to deal with selling them. ;)[/quote] Did you get confirmation of this? How are you swinging this? Are they just going to install the new ones for you or will you have to have the new tires with you?

Matt will give me a call in the next couple days to either confirm if he found me a good deal on the tires I desired or not. If not, I'll be purchasing and having my new tires shipped directly to them. They will be installed before I get over there. :)

[quote name='SUBE555']Matt will give me a call in the next couple days to either confirm if he found me a good deal on the tires I desired or not. If not, I'll be purchasing and having my new tires shipped directly to them. They will be installed before I get over there. :)[/quote] Looks like I will be making a phone call tonight :D Did he seem put out by the whole deal or was he cool with it?

I asked Matt if it would be an issue, he said no problem. I asked if I could get the STi short-throw added in now, he said it would be more of a pain in the butt. [size=1]Maybe that's because the car just came off the truck today.[/size] So I'll probably just use my Cobb Short-Throw for now that I have. :)

[quote name='racerdave']hahahaha... sell the stock rubber?? Well, you can only hope you get a really dumb buyer, because I wouldn't pay you a Loonie for those RE-92s. :D[/quote] Have you checked the price at tirerack for these Z rated 215/45x17 tires? You will be astounded at the price. I checked about a month or two ago, and the price was $149 each!!

[quote name='SUBE555']I asked Matt if it would be an issue, he said no problem. I asked if I could get the STi short-throw added in now, he said it would be more of a pain in the butt. [size=1]Maybe that's because the car just came off the truck today.[/size] So I'll probably just use my Cobb Short-Throw for now that I have. :)[/quote] :o :o :o You have got to be kidding me! How long until you can pick it up? My car should be there to then I assume. Now I just need to sell my old car :D:D:D

[quote name='outahere'] Have you checked the price at tirerack for these Z rated 215/45x17 tires? You will be astounded at the price. I checked about a month or two ago, and the price was $149 each!![/quote] Wow. There's a case of not getting what you pay for. Or beer tires on a champagne budget. :)

Well, that's what Jeff said. Give me a ring and I'll let you know what Jeff told me, I can have him check and see if yours came in too. Supposedly Matt is out on Jury duty this week (probably why he hasn't gotten back on the tire thing yet.) I'll find out what the dilly is on that though. Man did we take over this thread! :lol: MWLC UNITE! :lol: Gotta get mine sold before I can pick up the new one too. I told them probably 2 weeks.

Just talked to Matt less than 1/2-hour ago... False alarm. Our cars should be there in a week or two, yours will follow mine by a little bit. Tires: he had a price, but I can find them for much less. He offered $50/tire.

• 1 month later...
Did you ever autocross on the MX's with your WRX Wagon. If you have that is likely the cause of your noise... A good summer tire will be fine noise and comfort wise. Take them and heat them up and wear them a bit more at an autocross and they may not be so quiet. Plus I have found that the more worn they get the louder they are. Specifically Flaken Azenis Sports (loud when new!), Bridgestone RE730's (gen 1), however my Kumho MX's I use just for street use now (Falken's for autox) are quite comfy and noise is a minimum. I have autocrossed on the 29 runs at an Evolution school, but other than that they see only street use and rain autocross use. They do have softer sidewalls than the other two I've had, but that makes them a better choice for the street. So... I guess now that I'm done rambling I'll await your response on if you've ever autocrossed them... or really thrashed on them.

Archived