LegacyGT.com

is the wait driving anyone away?

How much has the wait affected your decision to buy a Legacy/Outback?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How much has the wait affected your decision to buy a Legacy/Outback?

• Quite a bit
    • It's mildly irritating
    • It's soooo worth the wait!

I'm okay with the wait personally...I still enjoy driving my car now, I just have a nice ancy feeling in my feet waiting for the GT is all. Definately something to look forward to over the next few weeks/month(s). The testdrive just made that one a little worse, knowing what I was going to be having fun with soon.

No, but now that you mention it, WHERE THE HELL IS MY CAR!!?? My dealer said the end of July when I ordered it at the end of May, but I figure he's just overestimating, to make sure that I'm happy when it shows up earlier. He said eight weeks for my WRX too, and it showed up in five. Kevin

Having the big unit downunder for some time has been great as I have been able to get a bit of feedback on the car itself. In this site a lot of ppl have been saying the brakes are all wrong after a few stops. Its just getting rid of the green in the pads. After a few big stops it should be all good. The car itself has been a really big success here as Federal and Local Government are serioulsy looking at employing these cars in their general fleet. This can only be good news on parts and services for the general suby owner. I myself as some of u know, have been hanging out for the 6MT. Will it ever come because the boys and HQ Downunder are still puzzled as they have heard nothing. Ive been out looking at other makes but just cant bring myself to move away from the all-paw Scooby. Please Mr Fuji, hear my cries..........! :evil:

I agree DM but have to admit its hard and the Audi dare I say it looks like the goods too. Have had a look at the EVOVIII but didnt like the build quality inside the car, very plastic and I think the STi is certainly more the go.

I would have definitely gotten that color if I could have. :) I was told the car should be in before the 10th of July, but as soon as the first. :D I so can't wait! Now to make sure the current one is gone by then.

[quote name='racerdave']I have to wait for downpayment $$ anyway, so the wait is not hurting me... yet. But I wish we could get them in this color: [img]http://www.legacysti.com/files/legacysti.jpg[/img][/quote] I agree - I want a blue car, but I'm not too fond of either blue they're offering. Hmmmmm I wonder if Subaru would do a special order on that color for some $$$. - Mike

I am waiting a few months for first production run and build issues to get worked out. Also, expect better deal if inventory is on the lot. I had terrible experience with early first year Audi A6 Quattro and great experience with first year Lexus RX300. I will buy Subaru first year (it has been running for a year other places), but waiting till October. A local Subaru dealer called to say that an ordered Leg GT/Ltd 5MT in Blue is available because buyer changed mind on color for Black. When I asked about Short Shifter, dealer said I would need to order car and that I would get a better discount by ordering. What sales school did these guys go to. Who gives a discount on new product that is has more demand than supply. Anyway, I was happily surprised that dealer is already talking about discounting a car that is good value at MSRP. When I ordered my son's BMWxi wagon with 5MT, (couldn't find a manual xi wagon), they would not even consider any discount on special order car.

MtnSub, generally the reason you get a better deal on a car you order is that then, the car is sold and not sitting on the lot. Dealers have money in inventoried cars, but not in pre-sold, ordered cars. This is why pre-orders are getting invoice (real invoice), or a few hundred above invoice. Kevin

GtGuy, thanks for dealer business insight. Still surprised Subaru is talking discounts this early in product launch. My sales background is in CAD/CAM with planes, trains, ships and car manuf. companies, not frontline car dealers.

[quote name='MtnSub']GtGuy, thanks for dealer business insight. Still surprised Subaru is talking discounts this early in product launch. My sales background is in CAD/CAM with planes, trains, ships and car manuf. companies, not frontline car dealers.[/quote] It is surprising, I agree. One part of me wonders if early adopters aren't in some way also marketing for Subaru, that is, rolling advertisements. Much of what sells cars is people seeing them, and word of mouth. Get enough people in them early on, and it should make the job of selling them easier. I know that I always talk about how awesome Subarus are, and it sounds like the Legacy will be another killer, which means that I'll be babbling on to someone about how awesome this car is. Anybody enthusiastic enough to be an early adoptere is, almost by nature, certainly enthusiastic enough to tout the glories of their car to one and all. Those folks deserve a discount, I guess. :lol: Even if a dealer sells a car at invoice, he still makes money, provided the car hasn't been sitting on the lot for too long. Kevin

You can usually get better deals on cars on the lot because the dealers want to get rid of them immediately. If you order from them, you have at least a month to cancel the order, and people often do, so they haven't even sold you the car until it actually gets there.

Psst! Little bird told me a shipment arrived in Eau Claire this aft and Atlantic Blue Leggy Wagon per my spec was on it. ;) I'm proud to be a marketing board for the car as long as it adheres to everything we've seen/heard so far. :)

Archived