LegacyGT.com

HID install questions

06LegacyRBP

Letting you guys know Im running $13 china ebay hid bulbs w/ 35w Diode Dynamics Ballast for 6 months and no problems yet. I did have to change the spade connectors because the ebay ones were thinner. Also kept them lit for 1000 miles (ca-co)

One of Diode Dynamics bulbs was giving me problems after 6 months

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Now might sound like an idoit but ill ask anyways to be sure..lol but once I get them installed, are the cutoffs fine or do they actually need to be reaimed I've read some have and some don't and some say no some say yes...I just like to know what I'm getting into before I do lol I'm ecxited though...

Some people try to play with cut off. Remove the inner "flap" from the projector. Cover the "slot" hole.

But the epoxy's tend to give out eventually. When they do, no guarantee on what the light beam will do as the epoxy goes out. Metal too thin to weld on. A machine does it at the factory.

Light is supposed to go through the hole to hit street signs. But with HID's it is a bit strong. I leave well enough alone and just re-aim.

If you must have a sharper cut-off, just realize that everything you are doing to the lamp is illegal. If something goes wrong, your lamp blinds an oncoming driver, there is an accident and your lamps are inspected. You are liable. It is your fault no matter what. Your lamp is not DOT approved for use in this country.

Even the HID's are technically illegal because they are not OEM.

read the instructions. "For off road use only".

Stick with the 35 watt kit, 4300 is going to have a hint of blue but will have a super white beam. I love mine, 3 years with no problems. I do notice that as they get older, they are a bit more blue tint looking at them.

Edit here guys: Mike has a good point about the legality of screwing with your headlights. In RI alot of the police are tagging the nimrods running 10000k's. They are so obivious, none of the OE HIDS are higher than 5000K.

so after much debate i will give a try for the DDM slimline Hid kit 35w 6000k from RPM website...hope it works out!

I just ordered these yesterday from the DDM website. 35w 6000k for the headlights and 35w 4500k for the fogs.

My friend has these in her Civic and I like the color. I didn't want to go to blue but after reading most guys on here are using the 4500k-5000k I am slightly concerned.

Anyone have the 6000ks? What are your thoughts.

As with the case with most aftermarket bulbs, the color will vary a lot due to QC. Your 6000k could look 5000k or 8000k. IMO, a true 6000k is too blue for me. 5000k is pure white and thats the highest I'd go. Don't forget you're losing lumens at anything over 4300k. Going to high with the Kelvin will, at some point, negate the whole purpose of having HIDs.

Having said that, that's my opinion. If you like how they look, that's all that really matters.

"This is an adventure."

Cool, I don't mind a little blue like the ones I saw toward the edges but I don't want them to look blue either. Also, my headlights are tinted black (just a little bit) with a clear coat so we will see how it goes. I will try to get them installed next week sometime.

Archived