LegacyGT.com

LearningView came up dirrrty

Cincy05LGT

Just pulled an LV sitting in the driveway this evening prior to going out for some logging. Ive been doing mostly highway commuting for the past month.

Mods:

STG1 OS (Mickeyd2005) Romraider tunehttp://legacygt.com/forums/C:%5CUsers%5CJayson%5CDownloads%5CLearning%20View%200.6a%282%29

hogzaust

Conditions:

20°F

14.36psi ATM PRES.

400ft elev.

LV screenshot coming...

Mickeyds base maps are some of the better ones available imo. They don't work as is for everyone but if you're able to tweak things yourself, they make a great starting point. If not consider getting a tune specific to your car. There are several vendors on this site that do that for around $150 or so.

• Mega Users
+1...it's a good base map, but it is not a tune...I got a fair amount of knock with it. He even wrote that you will need to modify it for your car. Reduce timing where you get knock and it will be safe. If you are not comfortable with doing that, then you need a tune!

I've been using mickeyd's tune for a while now... I have no knock right now, and no FLKC... Maybe its due to the fact that I can only get 93 octane fuel where I live and not 91, I'm not sure... But I've also had to tweak the MAF scaling since I have an open intake and not the stock box.

Granted I'm also familiar with how to modify a tune if I do find knock so I can fix it... But the one area I will not touch yet is the WGDC tables, and other boost related items... I need to either familiarize myself with them, or leave it to the pros... I really don't mind working on a MAF scale or timing table.

Other than that it's run very well and the only things I see in my learning view are some ugly trims... I need to fix it now since I just swapped turbos and this one is obviously working a bit better than what I had in there.

I'll be using his base stage 2 tune as well when I make that jump, and when I do that I'll be installing a wideband O2 sensor so I can properly dial in the tune.

After that then maybe I'll go visit EFI :)

I've been using mickeyd's tune for a while now... I have no knock right now, and no FLKC... Maybe its due to the fact that I can only get 93 octane fuel where I live and not 91, I'm not sure... But I've also had to tweak the MAF scaling since I have an open intake and not the stock box.

Granted I'm also familiar with how to modify a tune if I do find knock so I can fix it... But the one area I will not touch yet is the WGDC tables, and other boost related items... I need to either familiarize myself with them, or leave it to the pros... I really don't mind working on a MAF scale or timing table.

Other than that it's run very well and the only things I see in my learning view are some ugly trims... I need to fix it now since I just swapped turbos and this one is obviously working a bit better than what I had in there.

I'll be using his base stage 2 tune as well when I make that jump, and when I do that I'll be installing a wideband O2 sensor so I can properly dial in the tune.

After that then maybe I'll go visit EFI :)

I once did a 3rd gear pull using his Stg2 map...car felt faster than it ever had, but my IAM dropped from 1 to .375 during that single pull it was knocking so much. I promptly removed the map and put on one that was actually made for my car :-)

I once did a 3rd gear pull using his Stg2 map...car felt faster than it ever had, but my IAM dropped from 1 to .375 during that single pull it was knocking so much. I promptly removed the map and put on one that was actually made for my car :-)

I'll definately keep an eye on my car when I go stage 2 but so far so good I guess. My IAM after a reset will be back to 1 in under 10 min, under any driving condition too. And I've never seen it below 1 anytime I've ever checked it.

I'll definately keep an eye on my car when I go stage 2 but so far so good I guess. My IAM after a reset will be back to 1 in under 10 min, under any driving condition too. And I've never seen it below 1 anytime I've ever checked it.

That's good, but not always an indication that you're in the clear. It just means your engine won't go kaboom for at least an hour :lol:

As long as your LV is clear after a pull, and then after like 30 miles of driving, you're likely in the clear.

Edit- You might appreciate this...there's a Beretta Indy 500 for sale just up the street from me!

Oh yeah I know, I can drive the car for weeks and there will be no FLKC recorded and the IAM will still be at 1.0 after a hard pull, and those weeks of driving.

LOL awesome on the Indy, Good condition? Or beat to hell? They are hard to find in decent shape, especially the 500 pace cars.

Oh yeah I know, I can drive the car for weeks and there will be no FLKC recorded and the IAM will still be at 1.0 after a hard pull, and those weeks of driving.

LOL awesome on the Indy, Good condition? Or beat to hell? They are hard to find in decent shape, especially the 500 pace cars.

I dunno, I haven't looked closely at it...but the exterior is in decent shape for a 20-year old car. But personally, i'd take a 1990 GTZ and put in W41 cams over the Indy.

Archived