LegacyGT.com

Giving this car a 2nd chance in life.

Whats wrong with it?

Tie rods... $70 for the inners, $100 for the outers...

$60 CV shaft

And some GL-5 gear lube for that tranny leak and you're all set to go.

i gotta replace the CV axle on drives side (its just FWD), and replace the steering rack (torn dust boots and leaking a little on both sides). plus straighten out the motor problems i'm having.

Wow...that's a lot. I think my outer tie rod end was about $25.

The dust boot can be changed on the inner one without too much trouble, but they're

harder than hell to get on there. I would just clean it all out really good, repack it with as much grease as you can fit and put a new boot on. It'd be a pain in the butt changing the inner.

I dont know if they have Autozone in NC, but they have a CV axle with a lifetime warranty for $70. Not a bad deal considering when one goes just get another.

What's wrong with the engine? We dont get FB at work so I cant see the pictures,

but I think I saw the other day. The one with the green body and black front bumper?

Also I would spray paint it flat black, but that's just me haha

Wow...that's a lot. I think my outer tie rod end was about $25.

The dust boot can be changed on the inner one without too much trouble, but they're

harder than hell to get on there. I would just clean it all out really good, repack it with as much grease as you can fit and put a new boot on. It'd be a pain in the butt changing the inner.

I dont know if they have Autozone in NC, but they have a CV axle with a lifetime warranty for $70. Not a bad deal considering when one goes just get another.

What's wrong with the engine? We dont get FB at work so I cant see the pictures,

but I think I saw the other day. The one with the green body and black front bumper?

Also I would spray paint it flat black, but that's just me haha

Its blue with the black bumper, but yea my camera made it look green. Its got a few surface rust spots i'm gonna sand down with 320 grit sandpaper, and yeah i was just gonna put it in flat black primer. Instead of rattle cans, i'm gonna use the HVLP i bought, its not professional equipment but i'm pretty sure its better than a rattle can. its a Graco SprayStation 2900. Its a poor mans paint job but i'm gonna try and do a good job with it.

Archived