LegacyGT.com

CEL P0172 mis fire

My car had this code pop up during the heavy rains we had here in New England on Wednesday. I noticed it has had a low idle after a restart sometimes during the past few day's also.

I had the guy at Advance Auto Parts read and clear the code. He recommended that I throw a can of Seafoam in the gas tank. He said that reminds me, it's time to throw a can of Seafoam in his tank too. It was $10.56 with tax. I had about 4 gallons in the tank when I put the stuff in, then drove about 10 miles to the gas station to fill it.

Car runs great.

Just thought I post this in case anyone else has the same issue.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It's one of those additives that is under the category "Won't hurt your engine but may not always help".

As for the humidity problem - it can mean that it's time to do a cleaning of the spark plugs/ignition coils since accumulated dust/dirt do have a tendency to attract moisture and cause the spark to go somewhere else. (Path of least resistance)

453747.png

It's one of those additives that is under the category "Won't hurt your engine but may not always help".

As for the humidity problem - it can mean that it's time to do a cleaning of the spark plugs/ignition coils since accumulated dust/dirt do have a tendency to attract moisture and cause the spark to go somewhere else. (Path of least resistance)

Thanks,

That's a good possibility too. I know one of the coil packs in the passenger side is held on with a zip tie. It's been that way since Sept 08.

Also, is it true the Cobb AP V1 can be used to read the CE codes? Will it work with all cars ?

FWIW, I'm close to doing the Cobb trade in program and get V2.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived