LegacyGT.com

Rims Upsizing

Two things.

1) how much does the rim weigh?

2) Do you like a rough ride?

The weight will have a big effect on your acceleration and suspension work load/handling. Some 20" are over 6KG heavier (OR WORSE) than the standard 17+18's. This adds 24KG to your rotating mass (think adding that much weight to your flywheel) and 6 per corner to your unsprung values. This WILL have a large negative effect on your cars performance.

If its purely style your after, dont hit the open road much, dont care if it makes your car slower and can handle a bumpy ride then no probs it comes down to personal taste :-)

Hope this helps.

I'm planning on downgrading to 16 or 15 inch rims so I can put offroad tires on my outback next summer. If you want to maintain the correct ratio then google for "tire size calculator". Though with 20's I don't think you'll be able to maintain the ratio anyways and you'll probably rub the wheel well on moderate turns. All in all not very practical at all to put 20's on a legacy, but style over substance for some I suppose.

I'm planning on downgrading to 16 or 15 inch rims so I can put offroad tires on my outback next summer. If you want to maintain the correct ratio then google for "tire size calculator". Though with 20's I don't think you'll be able to maintain the ratio anyways and you'll probably rub the wheel well on moderate turns. All in all not very practical at all to put 20's on a legacy, but style over substance for some I suppose.

I am unsure about the 2006 XT but I know on the 08-09 LGT you can't use smaller than a 17" wheel due to the size of the rotor and caliper. Before you do 15-16" wheels check into that because having an XT you may have larger rotors and calipers.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived