LegacyGT.com

Starter Issues?

Yesterday I got in my car and turned the key and nothing happened. No click, no grind, nothing. After being persistent with it it finally started. I drove for an hour then had no problems re-starting the car on several occasions that night.

The next morning same thing, nothing. It took a little longer to get it to start this time though. I can only image the next time I go to start my car its going to be impossible...

Does this sound like a problem with the starter or the ignition? TIA

Eric

The only reason why I didn't think battery right off the bat was that the car has not labored to start a single time. The temperature has been in the mid 40's all week. I just bought the car a month ago so I am unsure of the age of the battery. Definitely going to re-do the battery terminals and see if that clears it up.

Do these cars ever have issues with the immobilizer in the key? I've heard of that being an issue on other cars.

One thing I did just do was attempt the "20 click" method to disable the seatbelt chime, I can't imagine that having any affect but thought I would just throw it out there. Thanks again!

Never had issues with the key or car not starting. I would start with the simple stuff. Check the battery and terminals.

There is a main ground that goes next to the starter. It is at the tranny (on top) just under the intercooler. Clean that bad boy up too. It is a bolt, easy to remove and clean.

Archived