LegacyGT.com

Joke of the Year

am1awmak

The first few TGUK episodes werent that great either if you remember.... I say I would give TGUS some time before I start shooting it down...

The chemistry that TGUK has takes years to develop, its hard to expect that much from a show on its first episode and season.

Yeah, the first TGUK episodes weren't that great. You'd think they would have learned from those and avoid a repeat. Thats just bad for any business. And us being Americans, you'd think we'd do it better. It's hard not to expect or compare when most of the elements of the original TG is incorporated with the new version.

thats the thing though, TG:UK (Mk.II) was a new format, it had nothing to be compared to. it had its issues in the first couple seasons while they figured things out. all the spin-offs (TG:Oz, TG:Rus, TG:USA) are all trying to replicate the later, far more successful episodes, which doesnt work. they need to be their own thing, not just carbon copies with degraded quality. ill use The Office as an example, same idea but completely different beasts and both are enjoyable. if its going to be good, it has to be its own and not simply the US version

Not my favorite show.

Despite Tanner's feelings of the Viper mirroring my own, it bothered me that the other two hosts just lumbered around like giggling kids.

But, it was hard to watch after watching TGUK. I found myself thinking "man, TGUK would have done it differently." They would have drag raced all the Lambo's at once, and they wouldn't have spent 7 minutes doing top-speed runs. It was like they had never driven before.

It definitely needs time to develop its personality.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The first 15 minutes, I thought it would never be good, but after a few more minutes I could see it being somewhat on par with UK's TG.

For its first episode, I thought it did damn good campard to UK's first episodes.

I disagree with the "Stig guy" for US version though, there can only be one.

For its first episode, I thought it did damn good campard to UK's first episodes.

thats because its copying the later awesome episodes....the first two seasons of TG:UK Mk.II were a completely new format, they werent based on an existing program, so naturally it took a while for them to get their footing.

• Mega Users

I'll repeat my complaints here then...

It looked like a bunch of reruns of UK top gear, but with some very uninteresting hosts. Everything that they did has been done by the UK show. It actually looked like they just reused old scripts from UK top gear. Helicopter chasing a fast car...check. End the show early so no one knows who won...check. Curse on every shift...check. The car is trying to kill me...check.

Very unoriginal!

I agree that some random car guys could have done better.

The first Stig intro was awful beyond words.

And "big star in a small car" is probably the worst name I can think of for that segment. They should have entitled it in a way that pokes fun at the fact that they copied it, and at the same time given them something interesting to say every week. Like "Star in a resonably priced *" where "*" is a continuation of the phrase starting with a word that begins with the letters c a r.

Someone give that dog a treat! I'm not sure why there was a seeing eye dog in the show since I just caught the tail end of it, but that dog pissing in the middle of the stage was just priceless.

They had a drifting competition against a blind man. The blind man won. This actually sums up the show so far pretty well.

I just realized too that the US is the land of diversity and you would think they'd have that reflect on some elements of the show. Pretty sad really. I saw just Tanner hosting battle of the supercars on speed channel, he really can't host to save his life. Most of the hosts on Spike TVs powerblock shows could have done a way better job.

Archived