LegacyGT.com

Forge BPV

GT_Red

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Forge Motorsports BPV on a Subaru? They only cost $159 which is a bargain compared to the overpriced competitors. I couldn't believe when I bought my Suby how much BPV cost for it. My last turbo was a Saab and a Jetta before that and I always used Forge...I am pretty sure I will get the one compatible with ours, but just wondered if anyone has tried it on our cars.

My friend has one in his 08WRX and he loves it. Comes with 3 different springs and washers. He has a TMIC so he uses the hardest spring and a washer. I like it cause you could spin the top nipple around to meet the vacuum line. On my Perrin, I had to go out and buy more hoses to make it fit the nipple.

Thats what I thought, and at $159 its a bargain compared to the others which average $269? What a rip off.

Watch the classifieds. I just picked up a used black one for $100 shipped that included an extra set of springs and shims. Won't have time to play with it for a couple weeks, so can't tell you how it performs, but the quality looks really good, and for price I couldn't pass it up.

$100 is a great deal, I was curious as to why no one was buying these. In the other car circles (ie. VW), they call them diverter valves (DV). The thing I liked about the European cars was that they all pretty much used a lot of the same design elements. The DV in my SAAB was the same one in my VW. If I bought an Audi, I could carry over a lot of my parts to it as well. I was a little disappointed when I saw you had to have a flange in order to install a DV on the car, which makes it very application specific.

Archived