LegacyGT.com

Steering Rack Discussion

BAC5.2

I haven't looked up part numbers yet, but I think the general consensus is that the LegacyGT steering racks are the same across the board. The Spec-B has fewer turns lock-to-lock, but also has a larger turning radius. I don't remember if the rack ratios are published in the FSM...

I was looking on FBP not long ago, considering getting some rack bushings, when I actually paid attention to the application guide.

05-09 LGT, and 08+ WRX/STi.

Made me think. I wonder if the 08+ STi rack would bolt into the LGT.

Anyone have any input?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Don't know what specific differences there are between them (would imagine turning-ratio as one), but the LGT/OBXT and 08+ WRX and STI have different part numbers: (Found on opposedforces.com)

05-09 LGT/OBXT: 34110AG06A ($649.95)

08+ WRX: 34110FG0209L ($676.66)

08+ STI: 34110FG030 ($699.96)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Have you driven an 08+ STi? The 05-09 LGT doesn't feel close to the STi to me...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hmm, steering ratio is supposed to be different between LGT and XT, at least the numbers are different.

Turning radius for both 34.5 feet.

Turns lock-to-lock: LGT 2.8; XT 3.4

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The turns lock-to-lock are different than the actual steering ratio though. For example, the SpecB has fewer turns lock-to-lock, but that's only because of the wheel change, the wheels can't physically turn as far, so fewer turns lock-to-lock and a bigger turning radius. Rack is exactly the same.

I thought the LGT was 13:1 or 14:1 while the Legacy/Outback was 16:1 or 17:1.

Could be mistaken, just spouting information from memory.

Archived