LegacyGT.com

Legacy Meet- DFW

grimlin

LOL! I just paid it off too. So tempting. I'm trying to keep the mods flowing so I can quit stopping by the Subie dealer. I guess it helps that they don't have any LGTs.

You need to just give in already and get a new WRX....Those are sweet now....even more so that the 09's. Then you can mod like crazy.....

NA engines aren't much fun to mod unless you are prepared to sink some heavy green into it.....go for a forced induction engine and you'll be much happier in the long run.

I'm going on over 2 years with Legacy and still love it like the day I got it....in fact, I love it even more. This is the longest I've ever owned a car and still see it as brand new (in my eyes).

If you can't see that with your Nissan, get the Subie....because you will! :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's because the new ones are no good. I can say this with authority now that I've driven a few. In fact I was so opposed to getting one that I went with a used Legacy instead.

It's just a different kind of car from the 4th gen, kinda the same way my 3rd gen Altima is waaaay different than the hideous, lazy 4th gen with it's manual replaced with that goofball CVT.

You need to just give in already and get a new WRX....Those are sweet now....even more so that the 09's. Then you can mod like crazy.....

NA engines aren't much fun to mod unless you are prepared to sink some heavy green into it.....go for a forced induction engine and you'll be much happier in the long run.

I'm going on over 2 years with Legacy and still love it like the day I got it....in fact, I love it even more. This is the longest I've ever owned a car and still see it as brand new (in my eyes).

If you can't see that with your Nissan, get the Subie....because you will! :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

LOL! Yeah, the new WRX is looking REALLY good! And the potential for mods is staggering. I have a buddy with an '09 that is up around 320AWHP IIRC and that thing is a BEAST!

Modding my VQ35 for big power is definitely more expensive, but it's a heavenly gem of an engine. And is a pretty impressive car to begin with. I've had this car for 2 years and I know I'll love it for many more to come. I have been wanting to make the cross over to Subie for a long time, but I want to make sure it's not something I'll regret later. Guess I need to go do some more test drives.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

I say enjoy your SE-R and not think about trading so soon. They're not bad of a car and you're still enjoying it so wait a while before you trade. No point in getting into more car payments for a new WRX so soon after paying off your current car that you still like. If it's not living up to your power goals/expectations and will cost lots of $$ to get there then maybe..

I'm in a similar boat as you. Legacy paid off in the summer and I've been thinking about trading it in for a 370z.. But no monthly car payments is GREAT and my Legacy still makes me happy. If I want speed I'll just borrow someone's car lol.

But on topic, I frequent Dallas very often but I'm never able to go on the days you guys do things. Like the past dyno days and such and now this meet. :(

I would love to meet you guys. Hopefully next time!

While I have a list of issues with the Bowel Movement version of the LGT the one nice thing I have to say about the car is those wheel arches look big enough to fit some larger sidewall gravel tires. With a bit of a lift that might be a fun car, kinda like what Subaru tried to do with the Outback sedan. In fact I'd be driving an Outback sedan if it had the LGT plant and 5MT, but unfortunately they went with the H6 and 5EAT instead.

Anyway, seems like we're doing this the 10th. Do we have a location yet?

mmmmm...... Pluckers.....

In Dallas or in Arlington?

Ya'll are always feeling sorry for making me drive so far, so now's the time to make amends. Let's do it in Arlington. Also, check out the classifieds - I have an equal-length header and boost actuator for sale.

Ya'll are always feeling sorry for making me drive so far, so now's the time to make amends. Let's do it in Arlington. Also, check out the classifieds - I have an equal-length header and boost actuator for sale.

I saw that....if I were still in Texas, I'd take that off your hands in a heart beat. Just sucks now, cuz I don't have a place to install it and then I don't have a way to tune for it.....I would have to buy a tactrix cable and then try and find a road somewheres that doesn't have tons of traffic where I could do some pulls.

Sometimes I hate living in NE

I saw that....if I were still in Texas, I'd take that off your hands in a heart beat. Just sucks now, cuz I don't have a place to install it and then I don't have a way to tune for it.....I would have to buy a tactrix cable and then try and find a road somewheres that doesn't have tons of traffic where I could do some pulls.

Sometimes I hate living in NE

http://vtcar.com/ :wub:

So what's the word? We meeting on 12/10? 12/12? Arlington or Dallas? Oh, and to sweeten the deal I'll have some Borla exhaust tips that will fit stock mufflers and possibly a set of NEW Hawk HPS pads for sale at the meet in addition to my other goodies.

I wont be able to make it. Blizzard came in and delayed all flights out of here (St. Paul), so I dont know if/when I'll be leaving today. Oh well, :( Next meet maybe

I lived up there most of my life and MSP can get dug out pretty quick so it's really only a matter of making up for the canceled flights. Looks like a fun snowstorm up there, though.

Guess we're calling off the meeting for today and look to next month?

I lived up there most of my life and MSP can get dug out pretty quick so it's really only a matter of making up for the canceled flights. Looks like a fun snowstorm up there, though.

Guess we're calling off the meeting for today and look to next month?

Yea, everythings cleared up now, its all in the getting people out of here that were supposed to be out yesterday. Yesterday was a madhouse... 5th worst storm in history. And I got to drive a sweet FWD Chevy Impala through it, rofl... Really it wasnt the worst car for it, but I did miss my subie.

They are still trying to clear up a lot of the streets, thankfully they got a lot of the main roads, but wow... There are snow drifts taller than houses atm. The snow crew here at MSP is pretty crazy though, just watching all the machines is a lot of fun.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Like I said, I'm coming to awdtuning on Thursday with my car, a 30R STi and a turbo'd E36 M3.We'll be there all day, my car and the STi are getting tuned.

Possibly come hang out/get some food(Rosa's is right across the street)?(assuming that Keith and Mary don't mind extra people just hanging out)

Archived