LegacyGT.com

What to expect when tuned?

blongo804

Hey everyone, just wondering what kind of numbers that can be expected when I get tuned next spring. I'm not sure if it's possible to just "guess", but figured it was worth a shot to ask. I plan on going with a BrenTune or Infamous1 tune.

Here's a list of what I plan on getting/already have.

- Perrin Short Ram intake

- CNT catted DP

- CNT UP

- Catback (deciding which one still..)

- Aftermarket top mount

- '08+ STI oil pump

Who knows what else, but that's what i'm definitely shooting for. I have an '05 5EAT LGT with a stock (with 700 miles on it at the moment) turbo.

If it's not possible to just guess numbers then i'll get the thread closed and it was worth a shot. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

5EAT cars with a basic stg2 setup can make between 200whp and 230 or so. It depends on altitude, how aggressive the tune is, air quality, fuel quality, a lot of variables. One question, though. Did you choose to do the oil pump or did the original take a dive and that was a replacement?

5EAT cars with a basic stg2 setup can make between 200whp and 230 or so. It depends on altitude, how aggressive the tune is, air quality, fuel quality, a lot of variables. One question, though. Did you choose to do the oil pump or did the original take a dive and that was a replacement?

Man, didn't think there was so many variables to this. I'm real new to tuning and all, so i'm still learning a LOT.

We just put a new short block in it and got a new oil pump, oil cooler, turbo, etc., so I decided why not go with an 08+ STI one. Was that a bad choice? I wasn't sure if there was any difference going with this one or not.

Cobb figured the 5MT version was putting down about 191WHP. But that was way back in 2005, so my memory might be off.

Expect to get about 30-40hp out of a stage 2 tune. But the torque gains will be more substantial and that is what will put the holy shit! grin on your face.

If you got a new short block, etc.. why didn't you go with a VF series turbo instead of a stock one?

:confused:

Our stock turbo is a VF40/46.

To the OP, the STi oil pump is sort of an upgrade. I think it flows slightly more volume than the standard LGT pump but, IIRC, the 08+ LGT came with it from the factory. Either way, nothing wrong with using it. And yeah, RipJeep/Keith made some pretty good numbers on his setup and tune from EFI Logics. He makes some killer torque from that 5EAT.;)

I went stock because it came with a 6 month warranty (I think..)

Sweet. I'm glad I got a minor upgrade then. I thought might as well get the STI one because they're both the same price but the STI one is a newer version. The torque Keith makes is sick. I had the opportunity to feel some of it and it was a nice feeling lol.

Archived