LegacyGT.com

Don't hate on N/A!

1st I did not by my 2.5i for power or to make it fast. I just wanted AWD and a nice 08 look, now with black wheels, tint, and a few lil suspension parts people are checking it out. If I was going turbo it would be STI or nothing in the Subaru line.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QKtgpZenowcVrM:http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp126/Catbird7073/Cool%20Story%20Bro/Cool_story_bro.jpg&t=1

1st I did not by my 2.5i for power or to make it fast. I just wanted AWD and a nice 08 look, now with black wheels, tint, and a few lil suspension parts people are checking it out. If I was going turbo it would be STI or nothing in the Subaru line.

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/143000/143333_Serious_cat_is_not_amused..jpg

For what its worth, my car doesnt get hated on. Any meet ive gone to or even around town, my car gets love

I feel like if you market your car as Beyonce you know fast and furious and it turns out to be Whoopi Goldberg Slow and funny then you will probably get hated on secretly.

I like use a phrase from Young Jeezy when this happens, it is called "Sneak Dissin'" :lol:

I feel like if you market your car as Beyonce you know fast and furious and it turns out to be Whoopi Goldberg Slow and funny then you will probably get hated on secretly.

I like use a phrase from Young Jeezy when this happens, it is called "Sneak Dissin'" :lol:

well, anyone that does that deserves to be laughed at. Im the first to admit my car is slow as shit. Doesnt bother me any, thats not why i bought it.

I really like the 3.6 engine, I just don't like the 2010 Legacy body. The wifes Tribeca moves pretty damn quick with that 3.6 and it is not exactly light on its feet. If they would have had the 3.6 available when I bought my 07 LGt I would have probably gotten that instead.

more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow :hide:

all joking aside im sure there are pretentious n/a drivers, and pretentious turbo drivers. i didn't buy my car for speed, i bought it for awd, looks, fun to drive, safety, and good features for a 20k price point.

I really like the 3.6 engine, I just don't like the 2010 Legacy body. The wifes Tribeca moves pretty damn quick with that 3.6 and it is not exactly light on its feet. If they would have had the 3.6 available when I bought my 07 LGt I would have probably gotten that instead.

The Tribecas move alright. I can't believe how heavy those are... the new outback is like 600-700 lbs less with the same motor.

I like my N/A. When I bought it in 06, my decision was 06 WRX base wagon, my 06 Legacy Wagon SE, or finding an 05 GT wagon since they were all around the same price. Went with the SE 06 because they had one close and they treated the manual tranny like it was cancer (I of course didn't tell them i had been looking for weeks and it was the only manual wagon I could find). No premium fuel, better gas mileage, lower insurance yada yada. My practical side got the better of me.

Driving it back to back with an auto was a huge difference. The 2.5i isn't half bad especially if you keep the revs up. It's plenty quick in most situations and has lots of fun grunt when ripping through a mountain road and the engine singing at 4-5k rpms! The variable valve timing they added in 06 also helps.

However, now that I make more money than when I bought it... if anything happens to it, there will be an 09 GT limited sedan in my driveway! haha

Us boostfreaks don't have anything against the N/A crowd. Its the N/A wanna-be-turbo-2.5-i-dont-have-enough-money-for-an-LGT-so-I-will-make-one crowd that we find irritating.

well i can safely say that price was not a factor in my decision and if anything it cost me more for the 3.0R then a LGT. The only time I second guess is when I think about the potential mods. Then I think about all the money I saved myself since I can't go online and buy parts to my hearts content. And needless to say I do have fun when driving. The car does not disapoint, esp on the HWY. Just thinking about 300-400 WHP at my feet is scary.

(well now that the supercharger kit for the H6 came out I am thinking about it)

Sulk, the manual makes all the difference in that car. It's a shame that subaru, which was one of the last companies to at least offer all their trim levels (even the loaded ones!) with a manual transmission has really gotten away from that in the past few years. It started with the GT wagon in 06 and then when they didn't offer a manual on the redesigned forester XT I figured it was all over...

Nice you found a 2.5i manual wagon! I looked for a long time for one, but never found one in my area.. So I ended up with automatic, and I regret it. But atleast it lets me be lazy when I'm driving ; p

haha i regret it too, but i'm pretty glad i had the automatic when i was in boston also now whenever i sit in congested traffic i still love it

Archived