LegacyGT.com

Fumoto valve not fitting

I was all excited to finally get my Fumoto EZ oil drain valve installed on my oil change today, only to have it not fit.

Could someone help me out here?

I have the F-105 which is the correct Subaru part number for this valve but when I went to install it, it was too small! Threads wouldn't even begin to engage, I can wiggle it around in the opening. Has anyone else had this problem in the their 2005 LGT?

I didn't see this coming, I figured basically all Subaru's would have the same size oil drain plug. help

Possible that you were sent the wrong/mislabeled valve. I don't recall if there was any actual marking on the valve itself to identify the part number.

Thats what I thought to, but even the valve itself is marked as "F 105", hmmmmmmm.

Unless the part was actually stamped with the wrong label? Although that seems unlikely. I guess I'll just have to go to the dealer and compare it with another valve of the same part #

Are you the first owner? Is it possible that. Someone stripped the drain plug at some point and had to rethread with a larger size plug? Ever have an oil change that took a long time:)

Are you the first owner? Is it possible that. Someone stripped the drain plug at some point and had to rethread with a larger size plug? Ever have an oil change that took a long time:)

Hmmm, interesting. No I am the second owner. What size is the standard drain plug? The one is mine uses a 14mm socket but the actual thread is around at least 20mm

+1 that would be my first thought

My 08 takes a 17mm socket

Interesting....... damn. Looks like I'm gonna have to look through all the sizes that fumoto offers and match my non-standard plug hole if I want to go with one.

Thanks everyone for the help, guess I'll be sticking with the regular drain plug for a while longer.

Archived