LegacyGT.com

Alright so I took the new tires out on the Interstate. Road was about 2 miles long and composed of sections of asphalt and concrete. I also made the return trip on the same interstate to factor in wind noise. Turned off the radio, heater and anything else that could cover up tire noise. Also I brought the car up to 81mph. Tire pressure is at 32psi all around. Result: these tires are amazing. Very little road noise even on the concrete section. I actually had to listen to the difference in the concrete/asphalt changeover. Smooth all the way too. One thing I have noticed is handling response is very slightly decreased. It also has a bit of a "mushy" feel to the tires. These to things are expected considering the height increase. This does not interfere with normal driving behavior and is hardly noticeable unless your looking for it as I was. As for the spedo it is off by about 3mph.

Share your thoughts :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright got an update on the tires. Did some 4 wheel drifting in the snow with the tires. They are excellent in the snow in just about every way. However I did find my first bit of rubbing with the new size tires. I was curious to see what it would take to get them to rub so I did a heavy turn and applied they brakes. I did get tiny bit of rub on the front drivers wheel wells. I also tested it by going over a speed bump with... some speed lol. It caused a bit of rub on the top of the rear wheel wells :redface: But its not too bad because you wouldn't use these tires for any type of performance driving other than in the snow. But just something to keep in mind if you decide to upgrade to a larger size. Otherwise I am extremely happy with my choice. I will replace these tires with the same size.

Archived