LegacyGT.com

Who has the Whiteline KCA399 Rear Camber kit?

Matty2Hotty

Bumping this dead thread.

Can anyone explain how to actually adjust the rear camber bolt once it is installed? Is there a special type of tool used to turn the whiteline metal sleeve?

I want to at least get them close before an alignment.

I use a an old screwdriver I had around that fit and cut the tip off. You could also you a nail setter or even a set of tongue & groove plyers. Good luck.

Those who have the bushings in their car, what are your post-install impressions?

I really like them. Not too difficult to adjust as I do my own alignments. Able to get my rear camber dialed to within 0.1deg side to side.

hicksta just installed them--although he also put on brand new tires...probably hard to tell the difference there.

I just sent hicksta a PM, currently awaiting his review

I really like them. Not too difficult to adjust as I do my own alignments. Able to get my rear camber dialed to within 0.1deg side to side.

Are you able to tell if the rear feels any more planted than before? I'm looking to get these to help out in autocross

Also, 2000th post :)

OP just as a sanity check make sure to inspect your rear trailing bushing. I had a similar problem to yours (my rear ride heights were off though so check this symptom in addition). Mine were separating from the metal sleeve and were causing alignment issues and safety issues... yikes. Its the large bushing mounting the rear arm to the frame.

Looking to see if anyone has the whiteline KCA399 camber kit, looked all over the internet of installed pictures to see exactly where these guys go and can't find anything. Anyone have any installed pictures on location? Debating if i should install my coilovers now, or wait on them that will be here in 3 more days. I might drive ummmm 40miles max within the next 3 days so that is why am asking.

I didn't like them. They worked, but without being able to adjust the rear toe (with that stupid concentric bolt) at the same time, they were not helpful.

Change the camber, and you change the rear toe. The stock toe bolts are worse than useless, if you can't dial in the rear toe in.

Change the camber and you put the toe out of synch, Change the toe, and the camber is wrong.

The Whiteline KT124 kit is the only part set that allowed me to dial in the rear suspension. And I could ignore the stupid stock toe adjusters.

Pricey, and they refused to sell me just the adjustable toe arm. However, the combination allowed me to set the rear suspension, on each side to a perfect specification. It made a World of difference in high speed corners:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived