LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy gt35r

now that the spark plug problem is all worked out in my dads car, now i can get to understanding the car hopefully, with you guys's help.

the car is a 2005 Legacy GT. what i believe is a Garrett 35r, racing clutch, FMI, BOV, catless exhaust, cobb tuning and some other things that either i just cant remember or just don't know about. its currently running about 18PSI

we were told the car made 400HP. i have no clue if this is a realistic number or not. ill try and get some videos of it driving soon.

how do i tell what computer/tuning work it has done?

also will this pass emissions? the PO said it would, theirs no check engine light, and when i plugged in the OBD in school it said "catalyst: ok".

thanks.

Depending on how your emissions is tested, it may or may not pass. If your state just plugs into your OBD2 port to check for any faults, you will be alright. If your state puts your car on a dyno and tests what's coming out of your tailpipes, you have a good chance of not passing. Same goes if they also do a visual inspection and don't see any catalytic converter.

You should contact Mike at http://www.tuningalliance.com/

He tunes my car and can answer most if not all your questions. He's in W.Springfield.

Where are you in MA ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Worcester, then check out http://enhancedstreetperformance.com/ I had them install my catless up/down pipes last month.

Mike recommended them.

It's a learned process, when it needs to cool. Like I've said, I can coast a lot when I get to the ends of my drive. Yesterday I stopped by Big Y right off Rt84 after the drive from work, 25 minutes at 70mph. I coasted the last 1/2 mile down to the off ramp. the light was green at the exit ramp. Went about 400ft pulled into Big Y, parked and shut it off, I didn't let it idle. Even in Aug, I would do the same thing.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived