LegacyGT.com

cobb ecu on stock 08 legacy gt

broudl73

what types of performance gains could i expect from a cobb ecu on a stock 08 legacy gt limited. and since im under warrenty if i put it back to stock settings will it void/can they tell i use the cobb ecu on it

thanks

Nonsense ...You mean Cobb accessport...You better read learn & understand your facts before you start a thread....

Thats right, I read the forum....I learn & understand from a lot of members that know how to start a thread...

You are one member that can't come up with anything pertinent...??? :rolleyes:

Least, I am entitle to post and read all your non-coherent posting...

Welcome to the forum......

read , learn & understand ...you can read right...learning & understanding is what counts...my young man....thanks for your insults on your other threads... dont worry I have forgiven you...Just learn & understand...(yourself most specially)....

You apologize and right after you go off insulting a forum member. That reflects really good on you. Another thing that reflects good on you is your unwillingness to educate yourself, you expect the answers to be given to you. I don't know how old you are, it doesn't matter because those two things right there show you're immature. Every question you have asked here has already been covered. Use the forum search feature. The performance gains you can roughly expect from a Cobb Accessport are spelled out right on the Cobb Tuning website, the same place you misread what an Accessport really is. Yes, you can call it a Cobb ECU if you want to make yourself look like a clueless girl. It is an ECU flashing tool. You should probably learn what an ECU is, because what you just wrote and called it makes it sound like the Accessport is a piggy-back system, which is something else entirely.

It is unlikely you'll get much help and many answers, your questions are basic and have been addressed a million times already. And your attitude sucks.

broudl, I know it is very time consuming to do a lot of research on here, but you will be doing yourself, your car, and most importantly, your wallet a big favor by putting off any mods and just reading for a few weeks. A lot of websites will say that their product will enhance your car and make it run great, and the odds are that someone on here has already tried or dealt with it, so you can learn from others trial and error as to what really works and what DOESN'T, which in more important imo.

I don't have many mods, but before I bought any products for my car I read what others had to say about it and how it worked out for them. Currently I have cobb sways on, and that really helps out the handling. I also have a cobb dp and IPR intercooler in my basement waiting to go on next month. Last year or so, I would have just jumped on the accessport like you are talking about, but read that some people were having issues with their stage 2 tunes. I also read about Infamous' tunes on here, I wasnj't going to just have some stranger put a tune on my car so I sat and waited to read other peoples reviews of his work. I will getting one from him next month when my parts go on.

So basically, yes it can be time consuming researching on here, but these cars are a little touchy, and you can wind up causing more issues or just waste money if you are not aware of what you are buying. One last thing, often buying one thing requires you to upgrade something else for best results, so it is not a bad thing to acquire parts over a period of time, and then have them all go on at the same time if you can. $1000 can get chewed up real quick on one or two items, I probably have $1500+ with just the stage 2 parts and the corresponding items(gaskets, heat shield/blanket, tactrix cable, tune, etc.)

Hopefully this helps a little...

There are many options available to you. It all depends on what you want in the end and how confident you feel with using certain tools and computer skills.

I can answer most if not all your questions. But the open forum offers lots of self learning and many varying opinions.

I also sell most all of the parts you will find discussed in these pages. I dont always have the lowest prices. But I am one of, if the the most active forum member who is also a vendor. I hope my customer support makes up for any lack of discount I can provide.

If I can be of any service or assistance, I am easy to find here.

Archived