LegacyGT.com

Does the Walbro fuel pump interfere with your monitor ?

f1anatic

It may sound completely random but that is exactly my question:

Question 1:

If you upgraded to a Walbro fuel pump - did that cause interference with the quality of the display on your CarPC; OEM or aftermarket unit ?

Question 2:

Are you running a Walbro 255 fuel pump and have no display issues ?

Question 3:

Were you using a Xenarc TSV 700 and it crapped out on you ?

In the span of 2 weeks, my laptop running the CarPC crapped out. Then I was scheduled to go Stage 3 so I took the car in to a very very reputable outfit (and I do not mean a tuner shop) and when I got it back, my monitor was not displaying well - it looked like heavy interference and a "rain" effect on the screen. Unusable. I thought they may have spliced a wire by accident when they put back my rear seat (my CarPC was in the trunk). Took seat off. Nope. Nice and tidy. I thought it was the power source. Had a spare one. Replaced. Nope. Meanwhile I had purchased a Foxconn NetTop PC to replace my 8 year old laptop whose USB ports suddenly stopped working. Well 250 bucks into the navi ordeal...I know have to order a screen. But I thought I just check with you and see if it is the...pump. When I use my walkie talkies in the car (4 Watt ICOM professional radios), they used to get a lot of interference from the screen. So I am thinking maybe the reverse is possible. Some electronic gizmo to interfere with the monitor.

Please advise. thanks.

Archived