LegacyGT.com

$1500 incentive in may?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since I just signed for this car on Saturday, think I can get the new rebate if I called them up?

very doubtful..let me know if you work that out though...that would be a sweet deal

okay, it's on ebay but being sold by an authorized subi dealer with perfect feedback. it has 152 miles so has had a few test drives but still, for a car with a $32k sticker this seems tough to beat. i'm trying to get my wife to look at this to replace her saab....but she won't go out and test drive yet. she does love her saab even though it's been a p.o.s.!!

I have a rather anoying local dealer who keeps denying the existence of the 1500 dollar incentive and he active naive when i mentioned last months step money. Nothing makes me more angry than when people continue to lie evern after its clear i know they are.

Yes, but there's no fully reliable source of information. Crazyhorse, a salesman, says the cash can't be combined with the financing. Cars101 says you can combine, but not the full amount. Cars101 does say offers vary by region. Thus, it's hard to tell for sure if the dealer's lying (or to what extent).

I have a rather anoying local dealer who keeps denying the existence of the 1500 dollar incentive and he active naive when i mentioned last months step money. Nothing makes me more angry than when people continue to lie evern after its clear i know they are.

the 1st dealer confirmed the $1500 so i called a 2nd one who acknowledged the $500 but not the $1500....yet he wasnt adamant and asked me to come in and talk pricing....i just chose to wait a bit longer to see what other better deals come along

A dealer in MA confirmed the $1500.

Check the link on the 1st page. It now has the $1500 on there.

the 1st dealer confirmed the $1500 so i called a 2nd one who acknowledged the $500 but not the $1500....yet he wasnt adamant and asked me to come in and talk pricing....i just chose to wait a bit longer to see what other better deals come along

Yes, but there's no fully reliable source of information. Crazyhorse, a salesman, says the cash can't be combined with the financing. Cars101 says you can combine, but not the full amount. Cars101 does say offers vary by region. Thus, it's hard to tell for sure if the dealer's lying (or to what extent).

It's 1500 cash back or 500 cash back with low apr...this has been confirmed he isn't lying

Well it seems to be common knowledge that there's $1500 cash back in May but no mention of it on Subaru.com. Just the same incentive of low apr (1.9% for 24mo). Also no drop in prices on dealer web sites such as fitzmall.com. I'm not sure what the incentives were in April. Maybe large dealers such as fitzmall knew they could get all the step money because of their volumes so they factored that in to their prices already. Should we be seeing prices drop during May, by how much?

Well it seems to be common knowledge that there's $1500 cash back in May but no mention of it on Subaru.com. Just the same incentive of low apr (1.9% for 24mo). Also no drop in prices on dealer web sites such as fitzmall.com. I'm not sure what the incentives were in April. Maybe large dealers such as fitzmall knew they could get all the step money because of their volumes so they factored that in to their prices already. Should we be seeing prices drop during May, by how much?

I've seen the prices drop on two specific vehicles on fitzmall.com (only by $200 on each car). This is on two cars they've had on the lot for at least 3 weeks (not sure how much longer though).

I've seen prices go up on Outback XT models at Fitzmall. It's gone up to about 1500 under invoice from 2000 under. Stinks cause I was looking at one but now I know they can go lower and Fitz won't haggle. I'm going to take my car for a trade eval tomorrow anyway to see if they'll make up for the increase that way. 4000 below MSRP is just not enough.:)

I've seen the prices drop on two specific vehicles on fitzmall.com (only by $200 on each car). This is on two cars they've had on the lot for at least 3 weeks (not sure how much longer though).

I think fitzmall's policy is that they reduce the price of a car at regular intervals. Idea is that the longer its on the lot the more money they are losing, on interest, so lower prices help to move older stock.

This is from the dealer in NJ.

Incentive from Subaru for May:

For all GTs - $1000.00 cash rebate or $500.00 and 1.9% for 24 month, 2.9% for 36 month and 3.9% for 60 month.

For 2.5 I - $1500.00 cash rebate or $500.00 and 1.9% for 24 month, 2.9% for 36 month and 3.9% for 60 month.

There was also for other Subaru models but I don’t remember what it was.

That is wrong. GT is also $1500 see Subaru.com.

This is from the dealer in NJ.

Incentive from Subaru for May:

For all GTs - $1000.00 cash rebate or $500.00 and 1.9% for 24 month, 2.9% for 36 month and 3.9% for 60 month.

For 2.5 I - $1500.00 cash rebate or $500.00 and 1.9% for 24 month, 2.9% for 36 month and 3.9% for 60 month.

There was also for other Subaru models but I don’t remember what it was.

For some reason it only shows up with a New England area code. Try 02108. I suspect in other areas it is "dealer cash" which would not be advertised.

I've been to Subaru.com and all I can find for the Legacy is low interest financing. Where do I go to see the $1500 cash back?

No mention of any incentives, including "dealer cash" for my zip code (MD) at Edmunds.com either. Is it possible the incentives are only in effect for the northeast region; what states would that include? I could easily go to PA of NJ or even NY for $1500 cash back.

No mention of any incentives, including "dealer cash" for my zip code (MD) at Edmunds.com either. Is it possible the incentives are only in effect for the northeast region; what states would that include? I could easily go to PA of NJ or even NY for $1500 cash back.

Down here in the South East region it is Dealer Cash, $1500 on all Legacys and the Outback 3.0R sedan, $1250 on the 2.5i Outback wagon and $1000 on all other Outbacks. The special financing is either or but there is $500 Lease/Finance cash that can be combined with the speical rates.

When it is Customer Cash like what is available on the Forester at the moment, then it is a rebate and it will be advertised as such. On the Legacy/Outback models as well as the Impreza line up (excl.STi) it is Dealer Cash and is up to the dealer if they give it up. Some dealers use it to fluff the value of a customers trade in. We are now passing it on to customers to blow out all remaining 2005 models.

David Cardwell.

Internet Auto Sales.

813-880-5966 Direct line

813-884-7513 office

813-885-7160 fax

800-683-2532 toll free

www.MastroSubaru.com

www.MastroWRX.com

Archived