LegacyGT.com

Critical Mass SS152 installed= WOW

darkside

Got my subwoofer set up. It frikin pounds. 2 critical mass ss152. These 15 subs only weight 5 pounds each and box is about 35pounds , all in all about 45 pounds. Its great , no heavy subwoofers in trunk makes car drive better. My JL 12w6 were about 30 pounds each and box about 75pounds. this set up has shaved at least 50-60 pounds of the rear.

subscar.jpg.9921d4aec5cd9c33c588e56acf3484dd.jpg

I wish it was the 2500rms UL12 , but at 3000 dollars a pop, not doing that, unless a used one comes up cheap. I got these new for 100 each ,and retail on ebay for about 300-600 per sub. Got em super cheap. I am using MTX REQ w a oldschool soundstream rubicon 600/4 for the focal polyglass mids and high components, and a directed 2400d for the 2 15s. I wanted to keep big bass subwoofers in car, but my JL 12w6 and re audio se12s were very heavy and weighted in excess of 80-120 pounds. Not good for tracking or spirited driving. Now these critical mass speaker dont weight much at all. about 5 pounds per sub and 15 inch box prefab is about 25 pounds. thats only 35 pounds for sub w bx. This brand is great for the person who wants bass , but not wanting all the weight associated with big subs. A little pricey, can be found on ebay ,but one Critical mass UL12 will sound like 2 12w7s and only weight about 25 pounds with box. Now thats big bass with out messing with the car handling characteristics of the car.

I thought the same thing. I was like OMFG he got 2 of the UL12 :O those things are expensive as hell. Gotta love those neodyninum (I know i didnt come even close to what they are actually called/spelled) magnets. No weight but still have all the motor force if not more of the regular magnets. Im still debating if I wanna put my BTL 18 in the outback but its just the most unconvinient woofer I've ever bought. I still dont know why I bought 2. I guess im just an impulse buyer

Archived