LegacyGT.com

What else with TOB

wsmith30132

I have 40k on my ACT setup with a LWFW on a stage 2. My TOB is going out and im gonna replace it with a TSK3 kit. Should I go ahead and put a new disc in as well while im there?

I havnt been very nice to it and it has some miles on it. I wasnt gonna worry about re-surfacing the FW just putting a new disc in. I have a street disc now and would probally put the same back in. Any thoughts or recondmendations would be appreciated, Thanks

Labor is free, its me! Hopefully the anti-sieze on the alignment pins will help out. When I installed it I scooted the engine foward and ill probally scoot the tranny back this time.

What kind of damages occur if i dont get this replaced in time? Also, my PP and FW should be ok right? Thanks

Think of a clutch (FW/PP & disc) as you would brakes. When you go in there you replace/refurbish it all not bits and pieces at a time. A TSK would only be needed if there is damage to the tranny quill, otherwise just lube the new TOB and pop it in. Having the TSK on hand (as insurance) makes it easy to make the installation call once things are apart. If you don't need it, sell it to someone else. Also if you install the TSK remember there's a higher cost to the TSK specific TOB on your next clutch replacement visit.

I forgot about the piolet bearing..... I just ordered everything too. I'm gonna assume that should be done as well huh? Would the OEM be any better or worse than an ACT one? Also would they be the same size? I never payed attention when I had it apart the first time. Thanks

Archived